• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700W / 800W

Finally after 4 months it arrived, the printer is amazing! How is it working out for you guys? We are getting trained on it tomorrow for all basic features as well as white ink.

700 W, we had a 360 and a 365 and sold those a few months back....these printers are huge compared to those. Going to try some test prints on clear optical cling with white tomorrow. Super stoked!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Ask them to install the new firmware PLS_25...... that's not yet publicly available.
You will lose your mind without it printing ultra clear materials. It's better in some other things as well.

BigNate

We had our 700w installed Mid-October. Still not working correctly. Right after the initial setup techs left it started asking to have printheads re-seated... then replaced. When the replacement printheads arrived the printed over-voltaged and blew them too. After some major circuit boards were replaced and more new printheads, it seemed to work. However, the machine was still coded out with different codes almost every morning - one was: "0xbabeface00000000" (where do they come up with these error codes?!!)... don't get me started on the encoder strip cleaning - and being told to just follow the instructions an clean it - the tech didn't even follow the printer's directions on how to clean it (and it turned out a burr on the support rods that the shuttle runs on caused a blip in the motion which caused a poor read of the encoder strip, triggering the error message to clean the encoder strip - BUT THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE ENCODER! that was 6 weeks of daily cleaning the encoder.... can you tell I have been frustrated by this machine already?)

now 8 weeks in, I have printed 3 rolls of media, but am stopped as I am in low single digits on ink % left - and the new ink has been with FedEx since last week Monday (original delivery dates were last week Tuesday.... but 'shipping delays' is all FedEx says on the tracking.... AARRRRG!!!!

so far the install of this 700w has been the worst equipment install with respect to machine functionality that I have seen in 31 years of printing. (the jobs I have completed are awesome - I just wish this darn printer worked correctly out of the box. so much wasted time while they try to repair something that was brand new.)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Sounds like the people who you were dealing with were not super competent to work with. Like who would ever tell someone to clean encoder every day, that's just stupid.

For inks I can only say, always keep one full in the stock. Order a new one when you replace it. Same with printheads so you have one to replace when you need it.

BigNate

Sounds like the people who you were dealing with were not super competent to work with. Like who would ever tell someone to clean encoder every day, that's just stupid.

For inks I can only say, always keep one full in the stock. Order a new one when you replace it. Same with printheads so you have one to replace when you need it.
I absolutely concur... but one has to let them work their process through to determine if the printer is actually DOA/lemon, or can be fixed.

I did order a complete set of inks for my shelf 2 months ago - and the machine was supposed to come with a full set, no problem right? well, it took most of a set to install the printer, and the complete set was not, and then the replacement has been out with FedEx for over a week - they just keep posting delivery delays on the tracking.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have sold at least 30 units so far and I am having them put together and printing before I send them out and have not had a single issue yet! I have heard horror stories though, some dealers just know whats up I guess lol.

DeadDoc

Mine (800w) is sitting in a box. Our power line has been rated at 241v and will not be installed as HP will not accept that rating as it is beyond 240v? Seriously?

I hope you get to enjoy yours!

DeadDoc

They are 220v machines the range is 210 - 240v for protection purposes.
AS far as I have been taught, the [power line] spec allows up to 250v and you treat it the same unless the power voltage is actually under the amount needed. I have never heard of equipment being denied for being at that range. If that is not the actual case, then I guess I have been taught wrong on that one.