• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700W profile creation and Flexi

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I noticed something today when I created a 3 layer sandwich profile. When I go to select the newly created profile in Flexi it created 2 of them with the same name except one of them has "side B"
Flexi Crop.jpg

Whats the deal with "Side B" profile and when should I be using it?
So say im setting up a layered job to print in sandwich mode, do I select the top one for my top layer and the "Side B" one for my back layer? What about the white layer? What profile should be used there?

Im not seeing any documentation about this anywhere.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It is because that 3L is meant for "day and night" printing. So if you want it perfect you need frontlit profile on the top (b-side) and additional tuned backlit profile on the back (a-side).
So A and B-side can have different ink limit to accommodate that.

Actually it can be also other way around... depends what way you mount it eventually. But A-side is the bottom layer on top of the substrate, then white which is included with the A-side file and last comes B-side as the top layer that stays visible after print.

White doesn't need a profile. It's just white..

Last edited:

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
It is because that 3L is meant for "day and night" printing. So if you want it perfect you need frontlit profile on the top (b-side) and additional tuned backlit profile on the back (a-side).
So A and B-side can have different ink limit to accommodate that.

Actually it can be also other way around... depends what way you mount it eventually. But A-side is the bottom layer on top of the substrate, then white which is included with the A-side file and last comes B-side as the top layer that stays visible after print.

White doesn't need a profile. It's just white..
Thanks for clarifying.
In my case im not intending this to be backlit, but it will be applied to glass. I want the graphics to be the same density and color on both sides of the white. And I want that white to be as opaque as possible. I am trying to avoid having to do a 5 layer print as it will take an very long time to print.
So I would just choose the "B Side" profile for the front and back layers to maintain the correct front lit colors on both sides?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You should see something like this. I can't check it right now and this is old image so it might look different but anyway..

1699893595466.png