• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 9000 Banding issues.. bad

HulkSmash

I'm having some major issues. Getting white banding in the middle of prints.. starts off OK.. not even good..then in the middle.. bam.. white banding.. also attached is a picture of my ink lines..... should they have that much air in them....... i already did an ink fill.. and a charge... thanks in advanced for the help.

Attachments

• IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 158

SE SignSupply

It's been a while since I have seen a CP64s but I believe those are the drain line, not the supply lines.

Are those lines not connected to the captops? If so, those have nothing to do with ink delivery...

Ryan

HulkSmash

It's been a while since I have seen a CP64s but I believe those are the drain line, not the supply lines.

Are those lines not connected to the captops? If so, those have nothing to do with ink delivery...

Ryan

You're right, just checked my inklines under the capping station, they're fine.. but we're getting some serious banding.

Beyond 1

Sounds like the ink is dropping out... First find out what color it is, then I would replace the damper and O ring. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Quix

You should check the inklines ABOVE the carrier (from the dampers to the printheads)
I've experienced similar problems, and tried the following:
- Lower the platen temperature. Some inks dry on the printheads due to this heater.
- Check all tubing connections are perfectly sealed. I use teflon tape and an epoxic sealant (only on the exterior of the couplings). You should also check the o-rings.
- Check that damper's filters are clean (if the ink delivery is limited you get starvation issues).
I have an HP document that helps in this issue. PM your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
I hope this helps

I hope this helps.