• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 9000 help

larson833

ok im very new to the whole graphics and sticker making. there was an hp 9000 that went on auction and it was going cheap so i bought it well when i got it home the ink was hard in the lines from the easy fill pro bottle to the first motor/gear so i blew them all out got them cleaned up. i turned it on and it pumped the ink up to where i took it apart and the motors quit it kept saying replace k ink so i did research and realised the print heads were clogged so after a few days of flushing solvent around and pushing it through there it seems i have them cleaned out. well after starting it up again it still comes up and say replace k ink so i called the guys that made the easy fill they told me i had to bypass it and told me the code to do that after bypassing and trying to do the printhead recovery and the six cap motors run and run and run but isnt sucking any of the ink through the lines. i have taken the ink line off the print head and pushed on the bag it tries to push the ink through but as soon as i let up it sucks it right back to where it was... im not sure what to try anymore? with having the bulk ink system it wont let me charge the ink unless i buy new ink cartritges but then i will have to redo all the lines, i have called a couple companies in minnesota and they want minimum 500 just to look at it im thinking right now might be my best bet unless anyone on here can help me out.. should i take the lines off from the print heads back to the bags and see if thatworks? is the ink supposed to get sucked to the print head through the capping station? any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated im almost determind to try and sell it to someone that can use it for parts and buy one that works

Matt-Tastic

a used hp 9000 is the worst investment you can make. they are great machines if they are running full bore, but when they stop printing, it takes an act of congress to get them up and running again.

I'd assume you'll need a full PM kit (caps, pumps, belts, etc) new dampers, and more than likely new heads. it just isn't worth it if you paid any money for the machine.