• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000 inks

robr

inks

mine still drops jets with the new inks. will have my new roland ex540 next week. sell ya my 9000 cheap!!!

joshie

actually, just found out on friday that the black ink of the 791 kind can be scraped off with a thumbnail off the foil i regularly use. so definitely, don't buy 791 if you can as yet.

all i know is that those inks can be mixed without problems, so even if you have to change one or a few colours, you can do it. you don't have to do the full ink charge.

robr

hp 9000

8000.00 plus meny extra parts most of them new. prints all day long at 8 pass drops jets at 4 pass. has bulk system not in use. about 1 year old.

Ken Sankey

When you say "drops ink", is it one color that seems to be worse than another? We have an hp 9000 we've had since fall 06', has been great up till the time of service last summer. Without warning will drop color here & there, seems worse with vinyl over scl. Tried different heat settings, more than usual cleanings of the capping station just to try and combat a large print from being unusable. I have to admit its been a great printer, minimal banding. We have some of the new ink on the shelf ready to go, curious how it will perform.

Robert M

New inks

Thanks for the feedback on the new HP inks. Seiko is now selling inks for the 9000 and 10000 printer. After HP stopped selling the Seiko made printers it appears they were no longer required to sell the Seiko supplied inks. So HP being in the ink business developed their own solvent ink. Not to be left behind, Seiko is now supplying the " original formulation" under the Seiko label.
I have Seiko inks coming my way, I'll soon see how they work.

Robert M

Seiko inks

Actually Seiko contacted me. I am a Seiko dealer and they asked me to carry their inks for the HP's. I like to get feedback from end users before investing in inventory so I put up this post. The folks at Seiko were very specific in describing these inks as the original formula and that makes sense to me. In order to warranty their heads, they would make HP buy the inks from them while they produced the printers for HP. I have several HP users who were not happy with the newer 791 inks and convinced me to bring on the Seiko inks.
I plan on selling them at $249.00 a cart.
Should have inventory later this week

benjercorp

you need to get the voltage from the printheads a little bit up in order to make the ink more liquid... so you can get it to work on 4 pass..