• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Control Print

JamesLam

I changed out a few things, new optimizer, a few inks and a print head recently. Of course my colours went ballistic.

So then I re-did the ICC for some paper and ran the HP Control Print for comparison. Not even close. The brown of the color blocks, the womans' face and the shoe all look bluish. What was once kinds lilac now looks purple. Was the profile and original HP Control Print incorrect or has something gone off the rails?

Last edited:

ToTo

Professional Support
Maybe something gets corrupted in your profile. Try creating a new one from crate with color calibration and icc, sync the media library and reprint the file.

JamesLam

Maybe something gets corrupted in your profile. Try creating a new one from crate with color calibration and icc, sync the media library and reprint the file.
Did that a few times and the results are the same. I've attached images from last May and yesterday for reference. Differences are quite significant, to me anyway.

I guess what I should be asking or looking for is what the output should look like. Maybe what I have is correct and what I had was incorrect. What is the benchmark and where would I find that?

Attachments

• May 2022a.jpg
    May 2022a.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 111
  • May 2022b.jpg
    May 2022b.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Nov 2022a.jpg
    Nov 2022a.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 103
  • Nov 2022b.jpg
    Nov 2022b.jpg