• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Cutter54 Mainboard Question. Need to inform machine it is a 54 inch/ not 64 inch

Salagra

We had issues with our mainboard on our HP 54 cutter, so it was replaced today. This plotter is made by Summa so maybe a solution for our issue will work for each. The board that was replaced is for a 54/64 HP cutter. When we power it up, all initial diagnostics work, but the machine is reading it as a 64 and a 54. It tries to find the pinch rollers and comes up with an error that it can't locate them and to turn the power off. I was told it is a firmware thing, but I cannot find where to change it on the machine or through HP cutter control panel. I am wondering if it could also be a jumper on the board itself or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Salagra

I tried holding down Up Arrow and Enter key when powering on to access the service menu, but I can't seem to get into it. Am I using the right key combo?

FrankW

You can also boot up Summa/HP Cutter Control while pressing Shift-Key to enter service mode of the software. Then you will find additional buttons and you will be able to set machine type.

Salagra

Thanks for the help. Was able to change it in the cutter control. It changed the model number, but we are still getting a "Pinch Roller Not Found Error, Turn Power Off" message. I guess I will have to make another post for this error now.