• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 8000s Media Misaligned with 3m Dusted material

AKwrapguy

Having an issue loading a role of 3M Dusted material into my HP Designjet 8000s. When I load the media, it is unable to find it giving me a message that the media is misaligned and needs to be reloaded. I think that this might be due to the transparency of the material and backing.

Does anyone know of any workarounds or way to defeat the sensors?

iSignDesigncom

Theres two hiles on the front heater and middle under rollers. I put tape there to cover. It worked. But recently after about a year. Has stopped working.

tbullo

Superunknown
Covering the holes may work. I have done this before with a piece of 1''x 8'' long transfer tape on the edge so it would detect it when the head moved over it. Then it would work fine.

Motoko Susu

when we use the solvent clear iron-on transfer material on our 8000s we also place the blue painters tape over the eyes it fakes out the printer by blocking out the light.

AKwrapguy

We just did a huge project with this. So there is a sensor on the back of the carriage that you will need to 'fool' I just used 1" masking tape and ran it about 18" or so on the bottom of the material and it worked fine.