• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help hp designjet l65500 (front spindle does not move)

dauod

hi,
I need your help to solve the problem in my printer

printer model: HP designjet L65500 (lx600)

Problem Description:
Front spindle does not respond when I trying to move it, but when i make a substrate load its moving, but Moving slowly

Some attempts and the results:

• Swap the the front and rear motor cable.
the result: the front spindle moving ,but the rear spindle does not respond.

• When I measured the voltage that outside from the front spindle socket located on the printmech I do not find any value, knowing that I press to move the spindle on the front panel button.
  • I did some tests in the list of diagnostics menu but all of them do not show any error in any board
some of that tests (2.2.1 electronics control)

• i make a some test for spindles from diagnostics menu the spindles moving, But they do not move at normal speed, but the test result (ok).

I am confused now, and I can not locate the problem.
I ask you to help me please
thank you

GP_Oz

"Front spindle does not respond when I trying to move it"

Explain how you are trying to move it.

If you are trying to do an "advance substrate" from the substrate management menu it will not wind up the output/front same as on L3000. It will unwind media via rear and main drive roller will advance.

General rule..if its printing without error..leave it. On boot the machine checks all pwm for all media advance sub systems. Loading media puts it all to work and if you are getting no issues there..leave it. Check fw and ips are up to date.

dauod

thank you GP_Oz for for your interest

i trying to move it from front panel keys

the problem is not stable in front spindle, its change, some times when i try to load substrate , the rear spindle move opposite the right direction.
The conclusion
I suffer from a range of problems in the substrate system.

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
Disassemble the engines pca 1 and 2 on the main board slots and clean all contacts and cables. Becarefull with the cables positions.