• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP/FB 700 reservoir error

cwb143

I have a question. What would cause an error like On-Head ink rreservoir not refilling? I recently changed out an ink box and soon after it would not fill up said it was out of ink. But the ink level shows full and the ink chip in the back is correct. I have no way to tell if its clogged I don't even know where the reservoir is. And I only have one box of this ink so I can't swap it out to test for a faulty connection. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

wunder

---> maintenance menue
---> Printhead Procedure
---> fill heads with ink (load ink or what ever you see)
---> and then the color you want to refill..... thats it.

br
wunder

cwb143

That's what in doing. First attempt stopped at 33%. Now all heads have an error. It's emptying right now I will try to refill again when it's complete.

fozzie

Take off (if on) print head cover and check the ink lines to each print head. Make sure you don't have ink backfilling in the vacuum line going to the manifold. If so, replace the filter and line and hope ink didn't go into manifold.

cwb143

Turns out it was a clogged ink filter. For some reason HP didn't make replacing ink filters as part of the maintenance for the printer. Really dumb. Also the filters are hidden inside the cover.