• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Fb500 Color

tier1graphics

Currently running HP Scitex FB500 (perfect test prints) using Oynx Postershop 12.1 printing on coro and pvc. Now for the problem... Color.. surprise, surprise...

We are having an issue trying to print a bold red. Specifically Pantone 200c. For some reason or another the red comes out pretty faded or washed out. We have tried printing a Pantone chart which for some colors have yielded great success compared to a Pantone book. Unfortunately for other colors they are way off. We have tried all of the settings, including max dpi saturation.

Any advice on achieving better color accuracy and density for solid colors?

ikarasu

Our FB500 sucks at red also. The best red we found was (25,100,90,0) but it's still a little orange. We just got a Xrite to do a custom profile, but I havent got around to it... I'll let you know if it helps with reds, though I doubt it. I'm hoping to get it done today.

Someone mentioned on here before if you change your rendering intent to absolute colermetric it brings out a nice red, but I haven't been able to try that yet. Let me know if you figure it out before me!

tier1graphics

Our FB500 sucks at red also. The best red we found was (25,100,90,0) but it's still a little orange. We just got a Xrite to do a custom profile, but I havent got around to it... I'll let you know if it helps with reds, though I doubt it. I'm hoping to get it done today.

Someone mentioned on here before if you change your rendering intent to absolute colermetric it brings out a nice red, but I haven't been able to try that yet. Let me know if you figure it out before me!
Just bought an Xrite i-1 Pro 2 today. Hopefully it will help. I have heard the same thing about the rendering intent. Once I get this dialed in I will update. Thanks for the response.

ikarasu

Just bought an Xrite i-1 Pro 2 today. Hopefully it will help. I have heard the same thing about the rendering intent. Once I get this dialed in I will update. Thanks for the response.

Did you get a chance to test this yet? I scanned all the swatches, but haven't had a chance to play with the advanced settings, or print anything, as we've mainly been focusing on our roll to roll machine.

After doing a profile for the roll to roll (It's a lot more complicated than just scanning swatches sadly... While it did improve 90%of the colors, I I still don't have greys perfect... While most colors are good, the greys start off great then as they get higher they seem to have more magenta in them!) Still figuring it out, so many options... I have a feeling the FB500 is going to be even harder to profile properly. Hoping to take a stab at it this week! If I beat you to it, I'll post some results.

Santimus

Hi guys! Just wondering what your results were... I'm having red issues too on the used FB500 I just picked up. I replaced all printheads and am still getting dull reds. I have Onyx Production house

particleman

You'll need to go to progressively higher quality (slower) print modes until you can hit the red you want. This is just a limitation of this machine.