• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP FB500 printheads could be demaged by wrong HDB of FB500?

Hello Everyone!

I have a strange problem about our HP FB500. And maybe someone knows the answer in here.... If I can get any suggestions or advices I would be appreciated. :)
We have an HP FB500 (2015) and our HDB is broke down unfortunately :(
KK, CC, MM heads were working but the other printheads were totally dissapeared. I called the service of course. When the service maintenance guy installed 6th Magenta working printhead in one of the wrong ports (7th Yellow) He realized that it doesn't work on the wrong port of HDB. But when he installed back the 6th printhead in its own place the nozzles can't printing basic nozzle test or prime bars anymore. :/
I don't want to change the HDB because I don't know where the main problems came from. I don't want to change the main componenst one after another...
A few weeks ago I agreed to used HP FB550 in good conditions but some printheads can be change.
I'm afraid that the wrong HDB of FB500 demaged the most of our printheads. It is possible?
It's strange because I want to print some colour tests or printing any image the changed magenta prithead is working but when I want to print basic test or prime bars sometimes there are some nozzles or totally empty.
I attached some picture of a basic nozzle tests and another colour test.
Magenta printhead is working sometimes. I don't know that the FB500's wrong HDB makes go wrong the printheads or not.

I'm afraid of when we put some printheads for HP550 from FB500 (forexample that is working sometimes) the another perfectly HDB of FB550 can go wrong.
It is possibly?

Thanks a lot for your any idea or suggestions!

Happy New Year :)
Mike

Attachments

• 01pic_6th head is disappeared after changed.jpg
    01pic_6th head is disappeared after changed.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 02pic_6th head is working sometimes.jpg
    02pic_6th head is working sometimes.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 35
  • 03pic_6th head is working sometimes2.jpg
    03pic_6th head is working sometimes2.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
You cannot use the headboards for the 550 on the 500. That’s what’s causing the problem. The voltage due to wrong headboards is what’s burning the printheads.

You cannot use the headboards for the 550 on the 500. That’s what’s causing the problem. The voltage due to wrong headboards is what’s burning the printheads.
Hi Rohit,

Thank you for answer!
No, I don't want to change the HDBs. The main question is Can the wrong HDB of FB500 burn some of the printheads of FB500?
And can some printheads demage another HDB of FB550?
I want to change only the printheads if its ok. I'm afraid of the printheads what are working sometimes cannot be changed and I would make fail for the HDB of FB550 by those pritheads.

Thx
Mike