• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB550 Ink wrinkling up problem

MithosTheHero

Was wondering if wise minds could come to a possible conclusion as to the dilemma I now face....

I have been printing on clear plexi (Optix DA, which "claims" to have a coating specific for digital uv printing most recently, but also just regular Optix previous)
We have done this job for our customer in the past with no issue and we have printed various other items on varying sizes of plexi also without complaint.
Recently, we did a reprint job for them. They left our building completely normal without issue. When they arrived, they told us they opened the case and
the ink inside had bubbled up. They sent us images and it appeared to be along the edge. I was unable reproduce anything here. So we reprinted the pieces and sent them
back and again they showed up and the ink is bubbling near the edges. And they even sat in our building over the weekend before we sent them out.

Things I know (assuming all parties are truthful):
There are not using any kind of cleaner.
The prints are leaving the building intact but arriving with this bubbling.
They are being packed in a crate made of untreated wood.
I am peeling the liner off on the print side but leaving the other protective liner on to protect the face.
I am using the standard clear sheet print settings on the FB. CMYKW MAX DPI Backlit setting.
Lamps are only 50% through their life.
I am printing them and letting them come to the end of the extended tables and then i stack them on a cart.
We do have a decently environmentally controlled air with heaters and a/c. And usually humidity is relatively low in here.
My one co-worker made a point that perhaps its not cured completely and while I know how to profile using onyx until this absolutely recent ordeal I have only been using the standard
profiles for the FB that came with onyx so it's possible my printer is putting down far more ink than it can handle curing.

Any leads tests, etc. please throw em at me. I am all too curious as to what this bizarre (maybe) issue could be. Would be a bummer if I just have newbie luck the first few times and this is infact the reality... *sigh*

Attachments

• Side panel #3b.jpg
    Side panel #3b.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 180