• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB700 New (and used) Ink profilers failing

tedbragg

We're having a hard time getting our black ink profiler to stay on -- at first I thought it was just the new profiler (sometimes we get a dud, and have to order a working replacement) but this morning, both the new and the old one it's replacing quit showing up once plugged in. It shows the cartridge is missing/not there.

I've cleaned them with alcohol, blew on them, used canned air on the plug, power cycled, did a "hard" power cycle (unplugged the mains for a few mins) a bunch of time and no dice -- the black ink profiler will not stay on.

Oddity: When plugged in, the ink profiler version should say "FB250", but it shows up as FB749 -- this could be a re-flashed SoC glitching out (happened before on a FB500) Nobody has Black ink in San Antonio -- have to wait a couple of days for it to get in. Is there another way to get these profilers / receiver plug to work?

jmasten

Ted, Hello. Did you ever figure this out? I am having issues with magenta profilers and also an issue with the white ink not filling the internal ink reservoir. TIA for your help

greysquirrel

if your reservoir is not filling...did you prime the hose and filter at the box before installing? It's winter time...they absolutely need to be primed before installing. Press white plunger and push on bag until drop of ink is visible in a aper towel...then insert. As far as profilers working...are they third party or hp? third party gotta go back to your manufacturer...hp, you may have an issue with the card reader..

jmasten

Thanks for the suggestion. Got the white to work, not sure if a fluke. They filled if I did them individually.

In regards to the profiler, they are 3rd party. It won't work. I put the old one that is at 5% back in and it still works fine. So you think the chip is bad? Ink company hasn't responded all day except saying "that's no usual".

parrott

I have had the same chip error problem with OEM ink and 3rd party. Have not been able to find a resolution for either.

jmasten

I have had the same chip error problem with OEM ink and 3rd party. Have not been able to find a resolution for either.
Do they end up working okay when replaced? Need to figure out if I need them to send me a new one. They charge for it and since I now need right away I have to a pay for quick shipping.

parrott

Our 3rd party supplier used to reprogram old HP chips that worked when configured but no longer do that. Now the HP chips don't work either. I don't understand what's changed.

tedbragg

This has remained a mystery to us forever. We STILL DON'T KNOW what helped it activate/profile-y whatever -- These cartridges are a stupid way to keep track of ink. Just make it a reset on the printer's screen...geez. Worse than a grungy Nintendo...

jmasten

Hello all. Over the long holiday weekend, my FB750 ran out of white ink again. This machine seems to eat the white ink. Anyway, I can't get it to fill the ink reservoir and won't fill the heads due to this. I primed the new box. I have been filling the ink lines. When I try to prime the ink reservoir it won't do it. It gives an error saying it detects the white ink in the black reservoir. Makes no sense, since I haven't changed any lines. Any suggestions on how to get it filled?