• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB750 carriage leaving ink dust on media

jmasten

Hello. New here. Have had the HP FB750 for a couple months now and are up and into production and have a question.

Every morning with the first print the carriage leaves ink dust on the media the same distance back from the leading edge. I am assuming it does this when it measures the thickness, but not completely sure. Does anyone else have this issue? It doesn't seem to be cured, so maybe it isn't when it measures. It blows around when I blow it with air to try and remove it, but won't come off all the way. It is black in color. Does anyone know what I should possibly manually clean each morning to avoid this? I have the distance the carriage is above the media set to the maximum. Once it does this once or twice it seems fine the rest of the day until it sits all night and/or does it's auto maintenance functions overnight. Thanks for any suggestions.