• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB750 Need Help Printing on uneven surfaces

jmasten

Hello. I am new here and recently acquired this printer. I am trying to print on an uneven surface with the FB750. I select a height that is the over the height of the highest part of the material, but then it measures the height itself and seems to lower it. It is then lower than the material and the carriage catches. I don't want to damage the printer so I am not sure what else to test. Is it possible for it to let me me just manually choose the height like you can with the width and length? I was under the impression this was possible with this printer. I appreciate any help. If you it would help to see the pics of the what my dimensional, uneven material it is I can show pictures.

Thanks in advance for any help.

LarryB

I would not risk printing on an uneven surface. Head strikes are costly and avoidable. I would just print on decal and apply.

Neila Printing

You can create a printer material profile that requires manual entry instead of the sensor measuring. Use caution though generally no single job is worth the price of new printheads, we don't run anything harder than PVC to mitigate risk

jmasten

You can create a printer material profile that requires manual entry instead of the sensor measuring. Use caution though generally no single job is worth the price of new printheads, we don't run anything harder than PVC to mitigate risk
Thanks. I think I figured it out today. It is a dense felt so softer than PVC. I set the thickness higher than the material. The only issue is the ink isn't uniform on the dimensional surface and if I turn it the other way the small wheels on the bar want to push the material.

jmasten

Thanks. I think I figured it out today. It is a dense felt so softer than PVC. I set the thickness higher than the material. The only issue is the ink isn't uniform on the dimensional surface and if I turn it the other way the small wheels on the bar want to push the material.
I assume you are familiar with these printers. I got my first bag of ink today. It said the magenta was below a percentage low, so I put the new one in and the new chip, which for some reason said it is only at 80%. The old box seemed fairly heavy and sloshy so I opened it up and it is somewhere between 1/3-1/2 full still. Is that normal to say it is out when it isn't? Is there a way to manual set the level if I load it back in with the associating chip? Thanks

danno

The inks for the FB were overfilled from HP. That was done to make sure the printer wouldn't empty the bladder and draw air into the lines. When I ran those units, I would start checking ink levels at 10% remaining. I could usually print until 0% remaining. We also shook our ink boxes once a week, whether we printed or not.