• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP FB750 not printing any black

Andrew Hodgson

Hi, my HP FB750 printer has mostly not been used for the past year and now will not print black ink at all.

What I did during the past year
- Clean the print heads, about every ~4 weeks due to COVID.
- Kept the printer on
- Made sure there was ink for each color

What I tried
- Check jet health and the black portion is completely blank
- Air purge a couple of times and fill the line with ink
- Use a different ink box but both black ink boxes warranty is about to expire.
- Did most of the cleaning maintenance before printing

During the year, the print room did get pretty cold. I do not think the print carriage has hit anything while printing with it. The printer is out of warranty and I started a ticket with HP but right now they're just sending a new ink box.

Anything else I may be able to do besides ordering a new printhead or having someone come out to fix the printer?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
HP has had a (many) run of bad "under performing" ink - particularly the black. You may have some bad ink. I would give the new ink a try before replacing a head.

JAMES RIANI

Leo Graphics Chicago
Most probably a bad box of ink. It's a huge problem lately. I've had 3 replaced. You'll have to empty and refill the head 3-4 times.

Andrew Hodgson

If anyone finds this post, the black ink was the problem. I refilled the line with new black ink 3 times and was able to get a fine prime bar test.