• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Carriage Belt problems

E36

Looks like the tension of the belt is lose, the belt touching the plate on the bottom and causes the noise.

The belt can be adjusted, need to remove the cover on the right hand side of the printer (where the control panel is).

jasonx

We had an issue where the spring/bracket that holds the pulley that the belt goes around on the right hand side was bent for some reason. Replaced and no issue.

ProWraps

yikes. did you have a terrible head strike leading up to it?

being a former programmer, error checking is everything. i have to think something led up to this.

im sorry for your problems. this is why we always run two printers. not so much for the throughput, but for the redundancy.

Desert_Signs

When was the last time you lubricated your carriage rails? Have you removed the little felt pads on either side of the carriage that ride on the lower rail and hold the oil? You might be surprised to see how filthy they are.

Sign Eagle

We installed our machine just after Thanksgiving and after about 6 weeks the the shaft on the belt pully sheared off and the belt dropped. Our Advantage sales rep told us he had seen that happen 2-3 other times and that it is usually preceeded by a grinding noise just before it brakes. The shaft of that pully was plastic. Took HP about 2 days to get the kit to repair the machine. Glad we still had our Falcon that we could keep running.

Link Signs

Graphics
Looks like the tension of the belt is lose, the belt touching the plate on the bottom and causes the noise.

The belt can be adjusted, need to remove the cover on the right hand side of the printer (where the control panel is).

Is it just that one screw? On the other side of the metal plate? That screw is screwed in tightly

We had an issue where the spring/bracket that holds the pulley that the belt goes around on the right hand side was bent for some reason. Replaced and no issue.

Was is noticeably bent? Ours looks like its still in good shape.

yikes. did you have a terrible head strike leading up to it?

being a former programmer, error checking is everything. i have to think something led up to this.

im sorry for your problems. this is why we always run two printers. not so much for the throughput, but for the redundancy.

We have had everything you could think of happen. One point the SOL (Colour Sensor) had had its brackets broken off after a jam. Didn't notice for a bit so that was hitting too. Had to remove the cover and place it back in with velcro tape.

When was the last time you lubricated your carriage rails? Have you removed the little felt pads on either side of the carriage that ride on the lower rail and hold the oil? You might be surprised to see how filthy they are.

We lubricate often enough, it's only supposed to need twice a year but we do it far more often than that. We have taken the pads out before and soaked them to try and remove all the ink but can't seem to do it. I think we might have to order a completely fresh pair from somewhere.

Also, this happens less often during actual printing, were its severe enough to quit. Mostly during initializing, tests, and loading the paper does it crunch to the point of an error and we have to shut it down (sometimes right from the back).
Also #2, After long runs (20ft or more *ish) It asks me to reseat the M/LM printhead (spot #5 usually), which then leads to the alignment/test which then leads to the crunch.

Link Signs

Graphics
Alright,

We seemed to have fixed the the belt issue by creating more tension on the belt by adding washers behind the springs.

Attachments

• 3LuG9.jpg
    3LuG9.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 282
Last edited by a moderator:

signswi

We had the axle on the tension wheel shatter like Sign Eagle's on Monday, be careful about putting too much tension on it. The HP tech said his replacement is beefier than the one that ships with the machine, but who knows. Took until today to get a tech here and it fixed because Monday was a holiday and HP service wasn't open, kind of annoying. The fix was quick though, we were up within an hour and the tech looked at a few other things for us. One service call in five months, not terrible so far.