• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 End of Life :(

Rebel Graphics

Perfect timing to get that "Replace Printhead #3" error that won't go away.
Replaced printhead, cleaned connectors and reset EVERYTHING.
Any suggestions before I throw it in the dumpster? I want to make it functional so I can trade it in

ddarlak

Go Bills!
your not going to get a trade in on it anyway.

Call Brian at LexJet, you can pick up a 315 with a free take up reel for $9999 if you order before the end of the year.

The 315 runs much better than the 25500, it is only 54" as opposed to the 60" for the 25500, but I got over that real quick.

C

ColoPrinthead

We are tossing ours in the trash as soon as I get motivated to do it.

Rebel Graphics

cr@p! someone picked up the 315 before I did.
I'm trying to get some money off the L25500 just for the psychological damage.

C

ColoPrinthead

I had a HP rep stop in yesterday trying to get us to buy a Z series; I gave him hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian @ 2CT Media

I post a few years back how to bandaid it. It has to do with the ribbon cable that reads the head, it gets out of position.

If you toss it, take a picture of the serial number and pull the motherboard so you can use it as a future trade-in

MI Bearcat

I just purchased the HP 365 last week but the only machine HP would discount for having a trade-in was the 570. JJ Bender offered me $200 for my 260 plus they would come and pick it up.

Asuma01

I just purchased the HP 365 last week but the only machine HP would discount for having a trade-in was the 570. JJ Bender offered me $200 for my 260 plus they would come and pick it up.
dang only $200? That machine still has quite a few more years of support by HP.

Rebel Graphics

I post a few years back how to bandaid it. It has to do with the ribbon cable that reads the head, it gets out of position.

If you toss it, take a picture of the serial number and pull the motherboard so you can use it as a future trade-in
enlighten me please, need to bandaid it until mid march when I expect to get a new one

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
With printer disconnected from power- clean the ribbon cable the printhead contacts. This cable is held in correct height by plastic pin coming through small whole above contact area. Pin can be broken so ribbon cable could be sliding up and down. Switch printhead with other one of this color set and this will tell you if it’s the head or cables that have a problem. Text me with any questions.
Bruce 631-520-3074

bluehammer

With printer disconnected from power- clean the ribbon cable the printhead contacts. This cable is held in correct height by plastic pin coming through small whole above contact area. Pin can be broken so ribbon cable could be sliding up and down. Switch printhead with other one of this color set and this will tell you if it’s the head or cables that have a problem. Text me with any questions.
Bruce 631-520-3074

Listen to Bruce. He knows his stuff!