• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Laminating Problems

robracer

90 deg C

We have almost eliminated the problem now by removing the sacrificial paper from under the stock being laminated.:smile:

Bly

Now you tell us you ran paper under the vinyl.

That always caused problems for us... it's just one extra thing to muck up.

robracer

Now you tell us you ran paper under the vinyl.

That always caused problems for us... it's just one extra thing to muck up.

Yeah worked perfectly with the solvent inks but not with the HP:banghead:
& yeah you are right.... just one extra thing to muck up

morganq

Backing film should make no difference. Backing paper??? Well thats a different story, I only use film so couldn't comment on that.

Rob you have listed your temps but what about the offset, i'm not to familiar with your RIP but under the advanced heat settings there should be an heat offset figure.
If your offset is set incorrectly this can cause the heaters to overshoot the temps and thus burn the vinyl etc.

Glad to hear your problems are mostly fixed though.

Squared2002

We've been running a L25500 since October '09. Never had any of the issues you're describing. We use a Seal 62 Pro C. Laminated just about everything. Oracal, Moncor, 3M, Arlon, poster paper, window perf, floor vinyl, static cling, etc. Doesn't matter how hot or cool the curing temp is.
Are you using any of the Moncor Window Perf? If so how do you like it compared to say a Clear Focus?