• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Temperature Settings

tollerdad

Has anyone else had any trouble figuring out the optimal printing temperatures? All of the stock profiles in Onyx seem way too hot... the coating on our vinyl backer paper melts, banners come out warped and wavy, etc. Today I was trying to print on Expand PrintMedia 2101 for a banner stand. I tested the "HP Light Textile Display Banner" and the color and print quality looked great, except our lay flat, curl free banner was anything but flat. I turned down the heat settings and did a small test. Now there was no warp, but the ink came off on my finger. I turned the temps up a little bit, only a slight amount of wave in the banner, but when I touched it it still wasn't cured fully. Finally, I gave up and printed it on our GS6000. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Freese

Has anyone else had any trouble figuring out the optimal printing temperatures? All of the stock profiles in Onyx seem way too hot... the coating on our vinyl backer paper melts, banners come out warped and wavy, etc. Today I was trying to print on Expand PrintMedia 2101 for a banner stand. I tested the "HP Light Textile Display Banner" and the color and print quality looked great, except our lay flat, curl free banner was anything but flat. I turned down the heat settings and did a small test. Now there was no warp, but the ink came off on my finger. I turned the temps up a little bit, only a slight amount of wave in the banner, but when I touched it it still wasn't cured fully. Finally, I gave up and printed it on our GS6000. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use a pretty standard set of material, so the stock Onyx profiles have been spot-on (especially with HP material)

I also use Grimco's profile for their Key Banner and Briteline and those are awesome as well.

When turning the temp up/down, have you tried adjusting just the cure/dry rather than both?

signswi

Oracal profiles have been fine for us though it does warp cheap lining paper slightly (3640, etc...). Haven't had time to pause and mess with backing it off to a lower temp while maintaining ink curing. Too busy. :)

Intellimagic Pos Pro + 200 works great if you're looking for a no-curl retractable material the HP will love and that has an available profile. HP also makes it's own material as well.