• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L25500 Trouble with Yellow/Black

VFT

So I'm having a new problem with my HP L25500. It gave me a faulty print head error right before Christmas and it's been an oversized paper weight ever since. I went ahead and replaced #4 like it said. I know, replace in pairs, but for some reason I only had one in stock. So I replaced #4 and it stopped midway though the alignment. It was printing terrible so I assumed that was the cause. It did multiple head cleanings, etc. and got most of the nozzles firing. I went to do a test print and it looked great. Printed a 2'x3' banner and it came out perfect. Sent the next file and got 3-4" before I lost black. Back to cleaning. I pulled #4 and blotted the head. there was black and yellow in it. Put it back in and still get crappy - no black ink. Told me faulty y/k head again. It wanted me to replace #4 again, so I ordered and replaced again. Did the exact same thing. Perfect yellow out of #4 and no black, but #3 fires both colors. I don't think that my original #4 head was even bad. It seems the flat cable had come out of it's guide on the one side. I just popped it back in and lined it back up. Reinstalled the head and it took it just fine. It automatically started the alignment and no black. It will go in spurts. One cleaning and I get maybe 1/3 of the nozzles to fire and another one and I lose them all. Do another cleaning and a few come back. Pull the head, blot and there's ink. Same issue with 2 print heads. Any ideas why 2 different heads won't print black?

VFT

I managed a fix on the yellow and black issue, but it seems I've found another in the process. I have no lt magenta going into the heads. It's in the tube coming out of the cart. Still in the tube when it goes into the casing behind the printer, but not when it comes out of the casing. Any suggestions for a fix?
IMG_6523.jpg
IMG_6524.jpg
IMG_6526.jpg
IMG_6527.jpg

The picture of the side of your carriage looks like there is air in your black ink line. It's not solid black like it's full. The issue could be a problem with the ink lines. You would have to follow them and see where the issue starts. Maybe a clog in your line.

VFT

so what did you do to get the black and yellow back? And do you have a source for 25500 printhead cleaning kit?

If I recall I had a Y/K printhead go bad. When I installed the new one there must have still been air in the lines. I drew ink through and put in another printhead. Been working great since. I did have a source, but parts seem to be pretty much non-existent or priced through the roof. It's a shame because the printer works great. I wish there was a way to use hp 792 ink and heads with it.