• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp L260 and Arlon DPF 8000

frojasferrari

Has anyone have any succes printing Arlon DPF 8000 on the L260?

What profile do you use? Generic selfadhesive? Did the DPF 8000 left some glue on the printer? Is a pain in the a... neck to print this vinyl?

twmiller24

We printed on DPF 8000 with the HP Latex 360. It worked pretty well with the generic self-adhesive vinyl profile (I think we did bump up the heat a bit), but it did leave glue residue all over (which it does on our solvent printers as well).

Bly

That stuff made a mess of one of our L25500s so we run it in our Soljet now.
With the media edge clamps it runs fairly clean in that.

ddubia

We printed over a half roll of DPF8000 in our HP8000 solvent printer. The adhesive made a big mess. We printed one 12' long print and the adhesive caused a head strike by bunching up. The solution for that was to relieve the pressure on both outside pinch rollers so they didn't squeeze out the adhesive at the edges.

Good stuff but messy.

frojasferrari

Thanks for the replies guys.

About the mess DPF 8000 does to the printer... how bad is it? like... go buy a new printer bad? one day cleaning the printer bad? replacing parts that die during printing the vinyl bad? or is it just something you can clean with some alcohol on a cloth?

ProColorGraphics

I just used the HP gloss vinyl profile. However, I would recommend the substance media for an ultra aggressive adhesive vinyl. It works way better and doesn't leave adhesive all over like DPF8000 does.

The one that would be comparable is the 440LSE. http://www.substanceincorporated.com/product/440lse.asp
They also have one called 444LSE that has air release channels. Of if you need something even stickier, get the 660LSE, but keep in mind this one is more money.

frojasferrari

The thing is I´m in Chile, so here the people who sells vinyls dont have too much variety in brands or models.

The thing I´m trying to see is if the DPF 8000 will screw up my printer or if its gonna be a real "pain in the neck".

AF

I have heard enough to know I would not try it if I had any other option. If you can figure out where the glue goes, I would tape that area off to make clean up easier.