• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 thick paper

jrsc

I am trying to print a thick paper and I can't get it to sit flat enough so the the head does't hit it during the loading process. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is their a way to increase the vacuum during loading or raise the print head?

danno

We use ONYX here and in the RIP we can control the Vacuum strength under the specific media and pass mode.

ProColorGraphics

When using the manual load, lift up the blue handle and make sure when you feed the media in that it sticks out far enough to grab onto. Then you can put a little tension on it as it is loading to keep it flat. Works for me anyways.

CES020

We had some samples from a supplier that came in on small rolls. The rolls were so small, we had that same issue. We couldn't get past it to even try their materials. I think they were on a 1 1/2" or 2" core, and it really put a curl in the media, one we never could overcome.

jrsc

Tried the edge guides. the paper lifts them right out of position. I also tried putting tension on it while loading to keep it flat and that didn't work either. I guess maybe its just too thick.

dypinc

Tried the edge guides. the paper lifts them right out of position. I also tried putting tension on it while loading to keep it flat and that didn't work either. I guess maybe its just too thick.

If it is one sided reverse wind it on another roll and let it set for a day or two and then manual load it.

bigben

I don't know how thick is your paper. But I use a 20mil paper. I manual load it, and stick some weight at the end or load it on the takeup to keep the tension.

The edge holders are useless in this situation. The magnet are not strong enough to keep the paper down.

ProColorGraphics

I don't know how thick is your paper. But I use a 20mil paper. I manual load it, and stick some weight at the end or load it on the takeup to keep the tension.

The edge holders are useless in this situation. The magnet are not strong enough to keep the paper down.

Who do you get your 20mil paper from?

ProColorGraphics

Did you put tension on the end sticking out past the heater? If you grab corner next to the control panel and pull slightly to the center of the roll, you should be able to get the edge to go flat enough to finish loading.

AF

Two sided tape.