• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 banding in black

chester215

Just call me Chester.
This may or may not help but I found it interesting.

We had a HP tech come out for some warranty work a couple of months ago on our l26500.
He mentioned that there is an "eye" that looks for bad nozzles in the print head and then turns off the individual bad nozzles in the print head and the other print head is supposed to make up the difference.
When you replace the print head it may or may not reset the software telling it to shut off the bad nozzles.
To reset the bad nozzles you have to clean the print heads 3x, then it starts all over.
Not sure that running the cleaning program 3x would help you, but I would do it after replacing the print heads.

bigben

This may or may not help but I found it interesting.

We had a HP tech come out for some warranty work a couple of months ago on our l26500.
He mentioned that there is an "eye" that looks for bad nozzles in the print head and then turns off the individual bad nozzles in the print head and the other print head is supposed to make up the difference.
When you replace the print head it may or may not reset the software telling it to shut off the bad nozzles.
To reset the bad nozzles you have to clean the print heads 3x, then it starts all over.
Not sure that running the cleaning program 3x would help you, but I would do it after replacing the print heads.

Good, I'll try this. Is it mentioning if it a regular cleaning or the hard one?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Sorry, I don't remember which.
Looking back I should have written down a lot of things he told me.
I would try regular first to see if it helps.