• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Carriage Belt Replacement

yamaha581

We are needing to replace the carriage belt on our L26500 and was wanting to see if anyone has done this and if so how difficult it was. We normally are pretty good at taking the machines apart and fixing them but figured we would ask first. We were looking and there really are not any techs around our Pittsburgh area that we could find unless we were missing some.
Thanks!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i've done it twice. first time was a breeze, second machine i did it on i had a hell of a time adjusting the belt.

this is a perfect time to replace the felt rail bar cleaners on the top of the carriage as they are exposed during the replacement.

yamaha581

i've done it twice. first time was a breeze, second machine i did it on i had a hell of a time adjusting the belt.

this is a perfect time to replace the felt rail bar cleaners on the top of the carriage as they are exposed during the replacement.
We got the belt put on and everything cleaned up but it still acts like the belt is slipping. I am guessing that has to do with it needing adjusted?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
We got the belt put on and everything cleaned up but it still acts like the belt is slipping. I am guessing that has to do with it needing adjusted?

yea, that's what happen to me the second time, belt kept slappin making hellatious noise and once in a while jamming. tweaking the adjustment wheel helped, but i never quite got it right on the second one.