• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L26500 - Changed all Printheads at 1 time.

bigprints23

I purchased an HP L26500 latex printer only to find that it was discontinued. It needed printheads so I ordered them from China. This was about six months ago. I replaced the printheads it needed 1 by 1 and all the test prints came out fine. Since I didn't really know how to print, it sat up until now as I continue to outsource printing. In the meantime, I purchased 6 new printheads again. Fast forward to today. I fired up the printer again only to find all 6 printheads are bad. I did a clean routine, and even pushed ink through them with a vacuum tool for the printhead but nothing worked.

So, I thought in my head, I'll just replace all six. I went to the menu on the printer to change printheads, took them all out, and install all new ones. This is where the problem starts. I get a warning that all printheads must be replaced 1 by 1. So, as I remove them all, I can only get 1 installed before another message says, "Install the other printheads". So there I go again, put them back in, and then of course,> "Printheads must be replaced 1 by 1. So here I am, stuck in this loop.

I tried putting the old ones back in since they were just fine; I mean, they were all clogged but the printer read them. But even trying to install the old ones, I'm still stuck in this loop to install them 1 by 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've contacted my local vendor and they won't support it since it's discontinued.

ToTo

Professional Support
Throw it away. This will be a nightmare. You haven’t used the unit when it was able to print, so why you should invest in a money-grave?

george paris

I agree with "T" above, beating a dead, well you know the rest. I had an L26500 and the belt broke, couldn't get consumables, etc. a new HP 335 runs about $12,000.

bigprints23

Thanks for that. Though, I'm not going to trash it quite yet. I didn't get it to print but I did see it in action before I bought it.

UPDATE: I figured out the loop problem. ALL new printheads are bad. The chip is not reading. I was able to figure out the loop process 1 by 1 with the old ones and now it's up and running again. I mean, the old printheads are clogged but I can run test prints again to keep the ink flowing through the ink tubes.

greysquirrel

Unfortunately, this is only the beginning of a long line of issues you will be forced to deal with...ink, printheads, funnel and wiper unit...all consumables that will be difficult to source. Zero tech support from HP(you cannot buy parts unless someone is sitting on them) You might get lucky with a local distributor and their service team but that will also soon fade because its a hassle for all of the above. If you just bought it, try to take back. There are used and in very excellent condition l560s and L330s available for only a few grand...both have support and consumables available.

Broke-Boy

If i understood the problem correctly i have a solution. Personally i would Go into the diagnostics menu when 1st starting the printer. Reset the EEprom, this will allow you to add the printheads and cartridges as if it were a new machine.