• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L310 media advancing issue

303DC

Disregard.

Attachments

• fNSvUjD.jpg
    fNSvUjD.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 94
4 Ways for this to happen

1) You manually load the media and roll to far. Solution: Before printing manually reverse the substrate from the media advance menu.

2) You auto-load media but it isn't straight. So when you go to align with the edge of the roll it leaves a bunch of extra media at the beginning. Solution: Same as #1

3) You have a setting in your RIP that is set to automatically put a space at the beginning of every print. Solution:RIP specific but basically changing the margin on the bottom of the print

4) Their is a setting in the printer to advance media between prints. Usually this is set to 4" I believe. Yours might have been changed somehow. Solution: In the substrate handling options menu change the advance before print option. (I believe that's what it is. Not it front of my printer right now.)

There are at least three possibilities:

a) You are bringing files into the RIP which have an amount of white at the top, and that area becomes part of the print job, which pushes the print objects farther into the page. This happens with PDF files most commonly.

b) There is a setting in the RIP (not sure which one you are running) which advances the media a distance before starting the print.

c) There is a setting in the printer itself (via the control panel) that is responsible for the advance. I don't know whether this model (310) has this option or not.

astraios

Take the spindle out of take up reel when loading media. If spindle is locked printer will feed media down to take up reel and you can't manually bring it above.