• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L310 upgrade

MHester

I presently have a 4-1/4 year old HP Latex 310, with over 58K sqft. printing in its time. I'm considering upgrading and keeping with the latex printers because I need to laminate things immediately after printing and HP seems my best option (?) I've got questions, and would love feedback to steer me in the right direction.

1. What do you think my trade in value is?
2. L310 isn't offered any more, what's the next option? I'd like to stick with 54", since my GFP laminator and Graphtec cutter are 54 and I don't need to change those.
3. I wish my 310 was faster...so what's the speedier option?
4. Whats the difference between the 310 and the 315?
5. Any advice on any of this would be helpful. And please don't say "change to a different brand", unless you can convince me that something else is better. I only have experience with HP latex, changing inks and maintenance has always been a breeze....I'm not ready to play with UV or Solvent at this time... Plus, I don't have the high $$ budget....

greysquirrel

no-one really trades in units...unless a dealer is willing to...
the 310 is the 315...nearly identical
365 is faster 560 fastest
no reason not to stay with latex

that is not a lot of miles on your printer, I would keep it. Add a second unit doubles your speed immediately. There is no faster 54" option except have a second one...the 64" gives you better flexibility with banners, color profiling but now you will either need to add a rip(if you are using HP flexi) or buy another 315 to get another free copy of flexi to use...or you can upgrade to a full version of flexi...just keep in mind that version is not a unlimited updates/lifetime version like HP's

so if you have no need for 64...buy a 315 and keep chugging forward

MHester

no-one really trades in units...unless a dealer is willing to...
the 310 is the 315...nearly identical
365 is faster 560 fastest
no reason not to stay with latex

that is not a lot of miles on your printer, I would keep it. Add a second unit doubles your speed immediately. There is no faster 54" option except have a second one...the 64" gives you better flexibility with banners, color profiling but now you will either need to add a rip(if you are using HP flexi) or buy another 315 to get another free copy of flexi to use...or you can upgrade to a full version of flexi...just keep in mind that version is not a unlimited updates/lifetime version like HP's

so if you have no need for 64...buy a 315 and keep chugging forward

Thanks for your input :) We have the full Flexi Print/Cut software. Does it support 2 printers?
So the 315 is nearly identical? hmmm.....
Stupid question, but I can run 54" materials on the 64", right (duh, obvious...but had to ask) The 365 is tempting....
Thanks again for your input and advice.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks for your input :) We have the full Flexi Print/Cut software. Does it support 2 printers?
So the 315 is nearly identical? hmmm.....
Stupid question, but I can run 54" materials on the 64", right (duh, obvious...but had to ask) The 365 is tempting....
Thanks again for your input and advice.

Yes, you can run any size all the way up 63"