• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L360 + Colorgate 9

growler

Hey all,

just got my hands on a low use 360, but banging my head on actually getting it to print from colorgate.

I have it setup and talking between one another, I have profiled and set the media up and sent that back to CG from the printer and made the appropriate MIM etc, all is setup perfectly from what I can tell.

When I hit a job to print, it goes through rip with no error, then to print and 'sends' it with no errors. From there nothing happens, nothing on the printer saying job received, nothing in CG in the little window, says printer ready etc.

I have remade the setup multiple times and same thing just repeats.

Am I missing something that's different to the flatbeds I run?

Please help me :D

AF

Does printer indicate it is receiving data? My initial thought is an IP conflict or DHCP on issue.

AF

No to receiving.

Am I better to manually set IP etc as opposed to let the network do it?

Turn OFF dhcp in your router. Make a list off all equipment on your network and assign each a unique IP address. Set this assigned IP address in all your equipment. Point to the new IP address in Colorgate. Unplug all network devices except rip computer and printer to test. Once working plug things back in and verify no issues.

growler

Turn OFF dhcp in your router. Make a list off all equipment on your network and assign each a unique IP address. Set this assigned IP address in all your equipment. Point to the new IP address in Colorgate. Unplug all network devices except rip computer and printer to test. Once working plug things back in and verify no issues.
Same issues, stand alone network card for machine. Still burns through the 'sending to printer' while nothing happens on machine.
To confirm the printer and rip are talking to one another, i can log into printer remotely from other computers etc.

AF

make sure printer is not paused in main screen in CG. Right click job and click on info to see if any errors. Try another file. Redo the file you have by deleting and starting over. Right click job and select continue (if job is paused) and refresh into printer queue.

AF

I do not use the 360 so I can’t direct you how to clear any junk out of it’s memory. If the rip is communicating and appears to send the file, then perhaps the printer has an error that needs to be resolved.

A different thing to check is that you have the correct port set in CG for the printer. The web interface is probably on port 80 but the data (ftp) port could be different, check the documentation for the 360.

Just because you can see the web server on another computer does not mean the printer is talking to your RIP computer. It just means your printer is connected to the internet. So that is a check. Something is blocking the connection to your printer from the computer.

growler

make sure printer is not paused in main screen in CG. Right click job and click on info to see if any errors. Try another file. Redo the file you have by deleting and starting over. Right click job and select continue (if job is paused) and refresh into printer queue.
It's got me stumped, I can hit the 'prepare to print' button in CG and it starts the machine heating. But it just wont catch a print job.

I'll have to muck around, must be a setting somewhere in the rip or machine I haven't got ticked right for the CG+360 combo

growler

Just because you can see the web server on another computer does not mean the printer is talking to your RIP computer. It just means your printer is connected to the internet. So that is a check. Something is blocking the connection to your printer from the computer.

They are definitely talking, I can download the OMS from the printer to the rip, I can prepare the printer from the rip, the rip reads the ink levels and media sizes, it just wont catch the print file!

dypinc

What version of Colorgate. Also what are your connection settings. I have this one in the first drop down list "HP Latex 360", not TCP/IP. Second dropdown has the 9100 port listed after the ip address.

AF

IP, Port and subnet mask must be correct. Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 9100 (i.e. Windows firewall)

growler

What version of Colorgate. Also what are your connection settings. I have this one in the first drop down list "HP Latex 360", not TCP/IP. Second dropdown has the 9100 port listed after the ip address.

CG9, connected via TCP with manual IP in the L360 to port 9100.

growler

IP, Port and subnet mask must be correct. Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 9100 (i.e. Windows firewall)

No firewall.
I'll try another rip or go buy a new network card and install that and see if it makes a difference

dypinc

Went back an re-read you OP. I am wondering if your getting error icon in the held queue? What it say?

growler

Went back an re-read you OP. I am wondering if your getting error icon in the held queue? What it say?

zero errors, just rips, prints and nothing happens on the L360. Like it's not being sent to an internal queue or something

dypinc

Can you send a calibration command from the RIP?
Any mention of the process in the Info Window?
Does the job ever get to the print queue?
If so how long does it stay there?
Does it go back to the Held queue after it fails?