• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 115 – Tried everything to clear the 23:10 air pressure error. Best way to get help?

jeffc

Unit continues to stop in the middle of printing and displays the 23:10 error code. I'll list my trouble-shooting steps at the end, but suffice it to say that I've read all the posts here and elsewhere, and tried everything short of replacing the APS pumps (I can't devote any more time to this).

My problem now is figuring out how to get it serviced. This machine is in a public high school. I normally take care of the maintenance myself. I filed a ticket with HP Customer Support and it is just getting ignored. We buy a lot of supplies from Grimco and they mention a maintenance plan? I'll take any and all suggestions. Cheers!

Troubleshooting steps:
Run air pump system test in diagnostic mode. System pressurizes to 5psi, holds pressure and depressurizes no problem. Turned off machine while pressurized and listened for leaks. Replaced all print heads. Reseated all ink cartridges. Tapped on APS cylinders in case there was a stuck valve. Unit will start printing and before throwing the 23:10 error. As far as I can tell, everything is printing well except for the Cyan, which looks streaky despite having a brand new print head. I do see air bubbles in some of the ink/optimizer lines. Someone in this thread said to run with one cartridge removed each time (to see if the problem is a faulty cartridge), but if I try to print it just tells me to insert the missing cartridge.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah but how well does it hold pressure? Even if it passes the diagnostic it can still leak too fast... which is probably what is happening.

My wild guess, either a pump or pip is leaking.

Anyway won't grimco sell service by the hour?

Last edited:

cornholio

Hard to say from here. Often it's a PIP, or a (air)-leaking cartridge. Then it could be a pump, the tiny tube going to the pressure sensor. But the best one I had lately was a printmech board... it powered the primer solenoid all the time.

ToTo

Professional Support
Hard to say from here. Often it's a PIP, or a (air)-leaking cartridge. Then it could be a pump, the tiny tube going to the pressure sensor. But the best one I had lately was a printmech board... it powered the primer solenoid all the time.
The issue with printmech/primer valve I had too.
But to get this issue resolved the diagnostic is running quite to short.
My way is to use a pressure gauge and inflate the system using a syringe. Kink every tube until pressure stays stable or kink all tubes and release one after the other until pressure drops.

jeffc

Is there a way to find an air-leaking cartridge, short of replacing each one with an identical replacement? Could the streaking cyan be an indication that cartridge is the culprit? The printheads are all brand new.

jeffc

Yeah but how well does it hold pressure? Even if it passes the diagnostic it can still leak too fast... which is probably what is happening.

My wild guess, either a pump or pip is leaking.

Anyway won't grimco sell service by the hour?
Grimco just offloads you to a (very sketchy seeming) HP partner... Mphasis. Never heard of them, and they want $1700 upfront. I know we might end up paying that to resolve the problem, but still.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You just have to get someone looking at the screen and someone pinching the airlines at the back.

If the pressure almost stops declining then you found it. Otherwise it's the pump.

Like I said it can pass the test but still leak too fast.

That cyan doesn't tell anything. Could be that it doesn't have enough pressure to purge it etc. but it doesn't mean cyan is leaking.