• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 115 Trailing Cable Issues/Replacement

lenawillo

We have an HP Latex 115, and it is a great machine... But we have somewhat consistent errors with the trailing cable. Usually, we are able to "fix" it by some combination of jiggling the cables going to the carriage, turning it off and on, or completely unplugging it and re-plugging it in in order to resolve the issue. Does anyone know of an actual solution? Or where to find a service manual for the Latex 115? Or the part numbers of the trailing cable and the white flat cable that might be called the flex cable? New to this forum, so thanks in advance for opinions and answers.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have wrote about it few times, you can search for it. Just replace the cable.
The part you want is below, don't touch the flex cables, it's rarely an issue.

2ET72-67020 - Trailing Cable

lenawillo

I have wrote about it few times, you can search for it. Just replace the cable.
The part you want is below, don't touch the flex cables, it's rarely an issue.

I think it was your reply on another thread several years ago that brought me to the forum. I appreciate the help. Do you recommend a certain supplier or parts dealer for quality parts?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think it was your reply on another thread several years ago that brought me to the forum. I appreciate the help. Do you recommend a certain supplier or parts dealer for quality parts?
You can order directly from HP. Its HP part always anyway so I don't really think it matters.

lenawillo

You can order directly from HP. Its HP part always anyway so I don't really think it matters
HP is telling me that this is not a part that will work for the Latex 115. They are also having a hard time directing me to who can help me to purchase this cable, even within HP. Just wondering if you have ever had this problem? Not sure who should offer better support/parts than the original manufacturer?

lenawillo

Trust me, it will work.
Enter the part number here and you should be able to order it.

$125.00

Will do. Thank you for the help. Do you happen to have a part number for the flex cables? The boss wants a spare one of those too. Thanks again.