• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 1500 Vs EFI Vutek UV 32r

Squared2002

Has any on here had experience with both HP Latex 1500 & EFI Vutek UV 32r Printers? We are looking to add a 10' roll to roll option to our fleet. Understanding that the initial cost for the HP is cheaper but what we have seen with our smaller UV & Latex Printers is that the UV machines typically lay down less ink so in the long run tend to be significantly cheaper to run. Any chance anyone has any costing to run on either Printer? Thank You

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think you are probably on the right track. You pay the HP tax with the latex.
Its rumor that new "L1500" is coming out soon... Possible to get some of those L1500 cheaper when it happens...

Last edited:
Has any on here had experience with both HP Latex 1500 & EFI Vutek UV 32r Printers? We are looking to add a 10' roll to roll option to our fleet. Understanding that the initial cost for the HP is cheaper but what we have seen with our smaller UV & Latex Printers is that the UV machines typically lay down less ink so in the long run tend to be significantly cheaper to run. Any chance anyone has any costing to run on either Printer? Thank You
Keep in mind that the Latex 1500 printer also uses a larger ink package (5 liters per color), and the ink cost per liter decreases substantially as the ink package size increases.

Last edited: