• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP LATEX 1500

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I always found those to be a bit pricey compared to some alternatives tbh. You can probably get 2 mimaki UJV55-320’s for that price. There are a lot of superwides in that price range that can print a lot quicker and have white options too.

that’s going on specs and prices alone. Not sure how well the consumables and ink costs fare here. You’ll probably always be looking to spend more on ink than you do on your printer if you’re going to be kept busy and make a reasonable ROI so the inks/consumables should play a huge part.

As far as actually using them, there’s a printers nearby that swear by them. But they also have two R2000’s so must like their HP’s!

Christian @ 2CT Media

For that, I would look into a Vanguard VKR, way superior quality, color, and durability. It just doesn't have the stretchability that latex has, but you aren't doing wraps so you are ok.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
My favourite thing about the vanguards is they’re always just like “oh you’re busier now, no need to add a new printer, just get another row of heads”.

For that, I would look into a Vanguard VKR, way superior quality, color, and durability. It just doesn't have the stretchability that latex has, but you aren't doing wraps so you are ok.
Thank you
My question is that would you recommend it for direct textile/fabric printing too, concerning the fact that it is a UV printer?
And how do you check the flexibility of the inks? What inks would you recommend?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes, it is suitable for fabrics, it works well from our testing. From some people in the know at Vanguard, they are working on highly flexible ink. I suggest you reach out to them and let them know your applications and they would be the best at guiding you down the right path. Dave and his team are awesome.