• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 260 - drop detector question

FJH

Hello:

I got a used have HP Latex 260, after solve some printhead problems, It was working fine for two months. Suddently I it started to show me a message about drop detector ("52:01 Ink Funnel mispositioned or obstructing drop detector") but it let me continue, so I continue printing for maybe three weeks more, after that the printer stopped.

I decided to dissasembly the drop detector to clean it, and in the process, I found a black little piece of the printer (2" x 0.75") with three rounded batteries inside the little piece, over the drop detector, and obviously I knew that it wasn't its right possition and I don't know what is the right prossition of that piece.

Maybe some of you can recognize the pieze and let me know where it should be.

Thanks for your help.
pd. I cleaned the printer, I assembly again but it doesn't pass the drop detector test.
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-16 at 8.14.09 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-16 at 8.24.12 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-16 at 8.24.12 PM.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 120

ToTo

Professional Support
The part you’ve found is for sure not part of the printer.
Regarding the issue, it could be dirty line sensor, encoder strip or a defective DD.
Clean line sensor and encoder strip and do DD calibration.