• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 260 Good machine for wraps?

Pretz27

I am looking to add an HP 260 Latex printer to my shop in addition to my Roland VersaCamm Vp-540i. The majority of my business comes from wall wraps as well as vehicle wraps/fleet. I want to add the latex machine for faster turnaround. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences using the HP L26500 with color shift and/or panel matching? From my research this could be a make or break issue for me.

jd

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
GREAT for wraps. Laminate as you print nearly...print some, throw it on the laminator, print some more. As far as color shifting, I haven't seen this issue much, if all your prints are the same roll, printed same time frame, etc....I have seen some subtle differences doing identical jobs weeks or months apart, and I think that can happen with any printer, due to temp, humidity and other factors.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The Latex is awesome for wraps. We started with a L25500 in the beginning of 2010, upgraded to the L260 in 13 and now just bought a 360 today. We are latex for life in our shop and you can't go wrong at all!

greysquirrel

Make sure you set your rip up to flip every other panel and. Make sure understand how to correctly set curing and drying temperatures...too much heat will cause panels to stretch...it's always wise to use a media that has a HP certified profile...