• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310 coalescence issue

Hi there everybody! I’m having an issue with my printer and was wondering if you guys could offer me any advice. I have an HP Latex 310 and am trying to print on a vinyl Arlon SLX cast wrap. I have run jobs exactly like this with no issue before. As of lately, some sort of coalescence will appear during a job. I really don’t understand it. I am quite new to the printed vinyl graphics business, so I am trying to troubleshoot this properly. I am using a profile set up exactly for the material that has been and it has worked successfully in the past. So I don’t think it would be that. If any of you guys have any solutions or suggestions, it would be very much appreciated! I’ve attached a photo so you can see what I am dealing with.

Attachments

• B80F172F-6A8D-4B83-A484-5F0180271288.jpeg
    B80F172F-6A8D-4B83-A484-5F0180271288.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30,563

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What is the real issue part here? The right side? Middle?
Is it only this material or on everything? Could it be a bad roll?

What is the real issue part here? The right side? Middle?
Is it only this material or on everything? Could it be a bad roll?
The right side is good. The change in appearance to a grainy look on the left side is my issue…. I then cancel the job to avoid wasting material. This is a newer roll of material that I’m already a couple of jobs into with no issues (till now)….

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Assuming other materials work with no problems, I would have to guess this roll just has problems with coating.
But if you see the issue with other materials as well, it could be that you have a OP printhead that goes out at that point.

Precision

Stop what your doing. Then run all cleaning cycles, print Knowles etc. Print the tests and run a test print. See how that looks. If that is clear it could be a bad file or the resolution the file is set to print at. That's what I'd try anyway. Good luck.

jimmmi

Its probably plasticizer issue. Wipe the half width with Isopropyl alcohol and reprint to test it.

Assuming other materials work with no problems, I would have to guess this roll just has problems with coating.
But if you see the issue with other materials as well, it could be that you have a OP printhead that goes out at that point.
I’m going to try on another vinyl material in our shop and see if it still gives me an issue…

Its probably plasticizer issue. Wipe the half width with Isopropyl alcohol and reprint to test it.
Was able to successfully complete a graphic doing this. Is this something i can complain about to the material manufacturer? Wiping down the vinyl with isopropyl alcohol before printing is a bit of a nuisance!

jimmmi

Was able to successfully complete a graphic doing this. Is this something i can complain about to the material manufacturer? Wiping down the vinyl with isopropyl alcohol before printing is a bit of a nuisance!
Its a common issue with some pvc based materials, like vinyls, banners etc and latex printers. Normally happens when the material is old or badly stored, with very low or high temperature in store place. The supplier should replace this roll, but usually they dont know about this. But you can ask them. The plasticizers of the pvc come to surface. Because the latex ink is water based cannot fixed properly. If you wipe this you can print it normally but of course its not productive something like that. Its for a job in a hurry. This doesn't happen to solvents. Latex 560&570 have a very expensive bar that wipe the material before printing so you avoid this. But when its time to replace...

Last edited:

dypinc

Latex 560&570 have a very expensive bar that wipe the material before printing so you avoid this. But when its time to replace...
So how long will this wiper roller last? And does the 700 and 800 have the same wiper roller?

dypinc

From my experience with GF it is more of a manufacturing issue than storage even though these companies don't want to admit it. Reason being I have all my stock at the same place and in the same environment and only certain media has had that problem.

Both General Formulation and Ultraflex are the worst but it is good to know of any others so I can avoid them. You would think with the user base of latex printers users these companies would not risk cheapening their product to where it is not compatible.

Darius

I am having the same problem, starts fine and then after few inches goes just like in your photo

Attachments

• print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 96