• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310

We have been in the market for a new outdoor printer for awhile now. Looked seriously at the Epson Sure Color and the Mimaki JV33.

Have been talking to my rep about the the HP Latex 310. Seems like a great printer and only $13,000.

Seen another post regarding this printer and it seems like others were impressed by it. If you had a choice between these three printers do you think the HP Latex 310 would be a good decision. We do lots of banners, printed vinyl and wall decals. I like the idea of wall decals not smelling like solvent.

CES020

One of the new ones, I think the $18,000 model prints a lot faster than the $13,000 model. You might look into that aspect of it. They had 3 models at the show, 2 were the same speed as previous models, and 1 was really fast.

Right now I have a Mutoh Falcon so anything would be faster than that.

I also have several Epson 9900 that we are using for our wall decals, so I think I would me looking to use the HP for most or our outdoor stuff. Found out the 54" model doesn't come with a take up reel, so you have to tack on an additional $1000 for that....

Anyone wanna buy a used Mutoh Falcon?

gnemmas

HP is at it again

HP strategies:

1. Look at the desk top printer trend now a days: dirt cheap printers, pricy
cartridges.

2. to our industry's demise, lower printers prices are not a blessing for us. Every body can get in at minimum investment. HP is going to flooding to our customers also.

I am retiring next year...

FrankW

On a Latex 300 ( every model), in opposite to a eco-solvent-printer of every kind, you will have

• Much more scratch resistance for prints on banner and vinyl
  • More brillant colours
  • prints immediately dry (on paper too) and immediately ready for lamination
  • better results on textile banners and more kinds of papers ( wallpapers too)
  • Easier maintenance because of print heads and other consumables are replaceable by the user
  • much easier color management because of a big stock on standard profiles and easy possibility to do recalibrating (profiles are loaded to the printer and be compatible with every kind of RIP compatible with that printer

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
HP strategies:

1. Look at the desk top printer trend now a days: dirt cheap printers, pricy
cartridges.

2. to our industry's demise, lower printers prices are not a blessing for us. Every body can get in at minimum investment. HP is going to flooding to our customers also.

I am retiring next year...

1. Latex ink cartridges are cheaper than solvent cartridges.

2. It is a service industry, not material production. Johnny decal cutter at the flea market is not going to pony up $20,000 any more than he was going to $60,000.