• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 banding on 3M 40C material

klmjff

We have had this printer for 3 months now and have had NO banding issues, nothing even close.

Now, this 40C material is banding, not horribly but noticeable.

I am using the 3M-iJ40-10 profile(because there isn't a specific profile for the 40C).

Its using 8 pass, 210 degrees and feeding thru straight and flat.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Make your own profile... That's the benefit of buying the 360. We just made a 4-pass profile for a job we are doing g on Instant one media and we have no banding because we can control all the settings of the print.

dypinc

We have had this printer for 3 months now and have had NO banding issues, nothing even close.

Now, this 40C material is banding, not horribly but noticeable.

I am using the 3M-iJ40-10 profile(because there isn't a specific profile for the 40C).

Its using 8 pass, 210 degrees and feeding thru straight and flat.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Have you done a nozzle check?

papabud

Lone Wolf
last time i had noticeable banding that i couldn't fix. found out it was a bad printhead, replaced it and boom no more banding

klmjff

Printheads look great, only have 109-227 fired thru them.

Did a test plot and it looked almost perfect, also calibrated the advancement, still banding.

Only banding on this material. Do I need to make a custom profile with fewer than 8 passes?

Also, what's up with the Signs 101 typing? When I type t leaves out letters and I hae to go back and fix!?!?! See???

klmjff

Fixed it.

Built a 12 pass profile instead of the 8 pass that was suggested. Banding is elimintd

Thanks for all your tipsand hel!

Unfortunately, I hvent fixed the Signs101 typig issue yet

TDFcustomSL

Make your own profile... That's the benefit of buying the 360. We just made a 4-pass profile for a job we are doing g on Instant one media and we have no banding because we can control all the settings of the print.

I just got my new 110 yesterday, wont be able to get it set up for a little while yet but I print on a lot of instant ones media. Did it print ok without having to create a profile or will I probably need to build one also? Sorry if this is a stupid question...ive been using a mutoh 1204 for the past 3 years using stock profiles. The HP is going to be a whole new learning experience.

greysquirrel

The 110 is easy to operate..I have one...manual feel calibration actually can be more accurate than the automatic...make sure you go through the online class for it...it's required for you to get an additional 6mo warranty...has to be completed within 30 days

dypinc

Fixed it.

Built a 12 pass profile instead of the 8 pass that was suggested. Banding is elimintd

Thanks for all your tipsand hel!

Unfortunately, I hvent fixed the Signs101 typig issue yet

It is unfortunate that the use of two lc/lm printheads caused a problem being too close to the optimizer printhead.

So your seeing the result of only using one lc/lm printhead. 10 pass and under will cause these problems if lc/lm is used. It is either ink starvation or lack of redundant nozzles. One option if CMYKcm is required is to add some inter-pass delay if printing 10 pass or under. It might even be good to add 200ms inter-pass delay at 12 pass.

If you want use 8 pass use CMYK only.

TDFcustomSL

The 110 is easy to operate..I have one...manual feel calibration actually can be more accurate than the automatic...make sure you go through the online class for it...it's required for you to get an additional 6mo warranty...has to be completed within 30 days

I wont be getting the printer installed for a couple months probably, work load is too much right now to worry about a new printer. But I plan on watching the video this weekend to get the warranty extension. Anything I should know about the 110 as a heads up? or any pointers?

klmjff

It is unfortunate that the use of two lc/lm printheads caused a problem being too close to the optimizer printhead.

So your seeing the result of only using one lc/lm printhead. 10 pass and under will cause these problems if lc/lm is used. It is either ink starvation or lack of redundant nozzles. One option if CMYKcm is required is to add some inter-pass delay if printing 10 pass or under. It might even be good to add 200ms inter-pass delay at 12 pass.

If you want use 8 pass use CMYK only.

Thank vry much!

I appreciate it!

Vinyldog

I created a 10P profile to correct this situation on my L310. It make you wonder who the 8P worked for to begin with?

The prolem wih certain keyboard commans no appearin starts after a fe minutes so mybe it' encouragemn to ot be too wordy with our comments.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm not sure on the 110. We built profiles for all of our materials right away.

Our standard print mode is 6 pass and we have no issues, we created a 4 pass mode for Instant One Media Matte for a job and its ripping through whole rolls in 2 hours... We are trying to average 4 rolls a day to meet the deadline. The print quality is still very good too.

In 6 Pass the quality is on par or better than our L26500 was at 10 pass. For color critical jobs we switch to 10 or 12 pass and charge accordingly.