• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 Firmware "Corrupted" - Cannot upgrade firmware

MarkH42

Our HP 360 Latex printer will not let us upgrade the firmware. We have tried for over a year to make it work. Here is what we have done:

1.) Use the printer interface. It says new firmware is available, and it downloads the new firmware, then we get the error "The firmware package update is corrupted. Firmware update has been interrupted. Press OK to continue." Pressing ok gives you a "Package Update Error" - "Fatal system error has occurred. Please restart the printer". We have done this at least 10 times over the past 12 months and we get the same message every time. Presumably the available firmware has changed over that period of time, so if one upgrade was in fact corrupt, surely that wouldn't still be the case.

2.) Go to the web interface and attempt the firmware upgrade from there. The results are exactly the same as above.

3.) Download the new firmware to a hard drive, then manually use the web interface to install that firmware. The error message we get is a little different "Update has failed. Two possible reasons: Invalid File or Not enough space available to install the firmware" (plenty of space is available)

We gave up a couple of months ago and decided to keep plugging away with 2019 firmware, but recently we started having huge color fluctuations, so we replaced the color sensor and we are getting a message that the color sensor isn't compatible with that firmware. So now we are dead in the water until we get the firmware upgraded.

I'm told there is a way to do this with a zip drive, but I expect the results to be the same. Any feedback on potential solutions would be greatly appreciated!

FrankW

Near the network port you will find an USB-Port. Put a downloaded firmware-file on an USB-Stick (nothing other than this file, the stick needs to be completely empty) and switch the printer off and on again (after a few seconds). It should start with an upgrade attempt. You will see the progress on the screen, in addition a voice will remind you to remove the stick when it is finished.

MarkH42

You have to run a "disk recovery" from diagnostic. Usually you can update firmware after that with no problem.
We are about to try the USB option, but in case that doesn't work, I found Service Menu>Service Utilities>Hard Disk Recovery>Unsecured Hard Disk Erase. Is this the correct option? Sounds pretty drastic, but if that is the only way, we will try it. Just making sure we are choosing the correct option.

MarkH42

We just tried the USB option that FrankW suggested and it notices the USB and downloads the firmware, then tells you to remove the USB. A few seconds later we get an error code that the firmware on the flash drive was not a valid firmware file. It seems to be the same basic problem we have with every other method. Our 360 doesn't seem to have a "diagnostic" menu, as balstestrat said, but I found Service Menu>Service Utilities>Hard Disk Recovery>Unsecured Hard Disk Erase. Before I take what seems like a dangerous step, is this the correct way to do a disk recovery?

MarkH42

The disk recovery trick worked! Thanks to balstestrat for suggesting it!! Thanks also to FrankW for the steps for the USB option - we may need that down the road.

WCEARLES

Manager
The disk recovery trick worked! Thanks to balstestrat for suggesting it!! Thanks also to FrankW for the steps for the USB option - we may need that down the road.
I know this is a little old, but I'm having the same exact issues with firmware update. I'm very hesitant to do the disc recovery. Did you have to reload all profiles after you did that?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I know this is a little old, but I'm having the same exact issues with firmware update. I'm very hesitant to do the disc recovery. Did you have to reload all profiles after you did that?
No it just removes some temp files. You won't lose anything.
I've done it many times.

Subysti

I’m also having the same issue. So you selected the hard disk erase? Like everyone else I’m nervous about selecting that option

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I’m also having the same issue. So you selected the hard disk erase? Like everyone else I’m nervous about selecting that option
Yep just select that. It only removes some temp files. All good.

1681217547792.png