• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 has been sitting for more than a year. Am I screwed?

ktwigger

My employer panic bought a HP Latex 360 about 3 years ago now. Our other, much better and way easier to use printer went down for like 2 days because of a bad part and by the next week they had bought a used HP Latex 360 from a FedEx for "backup" (which IMO is bullcrap). So rough estimate, the printer is probably about 6 years old at least, I would guess older. We have rarely used it. I'm cursed with being in charge of printing and I hate dealing with the take up reel and loading and all that. The condition they bought it in was atrocious, there's even tons of plastic pieces breaking off the ends of the rolls and the takeup reel. It's absolutely the worst, especially compared to our much easier to use 560. There was a point in November of 2020 where we got very busy and I was forced to use it after it had been sitting for months. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the printheads and eventually it was back up and printing quality stuff. We used it a couple times in April of 2021. That's the last thing my print log has. So at this point it hasn't been used since then. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I totally screwed? If not, is there anything I need to do other than keep cleaning the printheads?

AKwrapguy

Probably not screwed. Do a few cleaning cycles on it. Make sure the rail is clean and lubed. Run a few test prints and calibrations for the print head. Should be fine.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Throw some new heads in it and run some cleanings and it "should" be good to go as long as it has been stored in a good location.