• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 360 with bulk

Palleprut

6A1F967B-9E72-483B-A4EB-49C0378AED53.jpeg
See picture attached.

I'm getting this error (See image):
Printer was doing fine, but then stopped, tubes as changed not long ago.

A techie says it's a new Line Sensor (fairly easy replacement he says).

What say you guys, is he right?

Please help, we cannot afford a large scale repair :(

Santimus

That error code is a line sensor communication error. If a hard reset doesn't work and you feel comfortable self repairing then see if you can re-seat the plug. If you can't get it or don't feel comfortable doing it then you will need to get a tech in there to replace or reseat it

karst41

View attachment 148887 Please help, we cannot afford a large scale repair :(

I really Hate to say this, but You are DOWN.
Please choose
1. Repair Bill
2. New Printer,,,,,,,,,,BTW financing rates are really low.
3. Your business no longer offers in house printing.

So if you cant afford a large repair bill, can you afford to not have a printer?

Service call with 1 hour Labor from B&H is $200 in the Atlanta area.
Add cost of part.

A few months ago my Seal Laminator needed service.
ACCO could not get the Parts due to CoVid.
I had a deadline coming down and $12k right out the Door.
My Profit was very low after completion but I do have a new laminator
in the shop.

Good Luck

Palleprut

Thanks guys, ending up replacing the line sensor, true story on the one screw and a 50 bucks payment.

Funny thing is, karst41 , I can afford it, but I cannot afford to pay overprices for something really simple. And yes, I can have our work made at another company in town, so that's no problem.

The problem comes when the repair guy tells me it's a $3775, repair job, when:
1. Printer was doing fine making no errors what so ever.
2. Stops from one second to the other. And suddenly repair guy, says it's a #3 service code. Wich it did not say anywhere. I have seen this code before, so naturally I didn't believe the douch.

He tells me the tubing needs to be changed also.

When I opened the side panel, tubes was clear. No reason to change those.

Update:
The service agreement with that company was terminated after changing the sensor, and everything was back in working order.

I was a little pi**ed to say the least.

I am, very grateful to you guys!
SoCal , FrankW , balstestrat !

ikarasu

Thanks guys, ending up replacing the line sensor, true story on the one screw and a 50 bucks payment.

Funny thing is, karst41 , I can afford it, but I cannot afford to pay overprices for something really simple. And yes, I can have our work made at another company in town, so that's no problem.

The problem comes when the repair guy tells me it's a $3775, repair job, when:
1. Printer was doing fine making no errors what so ever.
2. Stops from one second to the other. And suddenly repair guy, says it's a #3 service code. Wich it did not say anywhere. I have seen this code before, so naturally I didn't believe the douch.

He tells me the tubing needs to be changed also.

When I opened the side panel, tubes was clear. No reason to change those.

Update:
The service agreement with that company was terminated after changing the sensor, and everything was back in working order.

I was a little pi**ed to say the least.

I am, very grateful to you guys!
SoCal , FrankW , balstestrat !

If it makes you feel better I needed a new line sensor too.

I know there $50 and easy to install... So I emailed our usual tech and asked to order one. He confirmed it was $57.... Said he'd get it shipped to me.

Head office sends a bill for $1100... I ask if they ordered.the wrong part... Apparently install was $1050..... For one screw. I almost lost it on them.... The tech is great, but I can't believe the price they tried to charge so by doing it yourself you still saved $1000.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Hi, guys... So in resume of your great HP-using experience, how much profitable (Problem Quantity/Fix Cost) to keep paying the original HP warranty as long as possible?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hi, guys... So in resume of your great HP-using experience, how much profitable (Problem Quantity/Fix Cost) to keep paying the original HP warranty as long as possible?
I would say its pretty on par with how much you print. I don't think I would get it if I printed less than 10000m2 / 100000 sqft a year. Depends on the model of course.

And remember we are in a place where people come to rant and look for fixes to issues. There's thousands of printers out there that have never had a single (warranty) issue.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
And remember we are in a place where people come to rant and look for fixes to issues.

This is the great advice for any one-side-view analyzing. Thank you.
However the sales persons with nice clean lab test results also not so good advisers.
I prefer to keep using own practice experience, but I have no so much time for trying all printers I want to... ;)

Last edited: