• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrintQueen

Hello all,

I have been running into a strange issue while trying to print double-sided banners on an 18oz blockout vinyl banner material. I am having no issues with the quality, and seemingly no print alignment issues at first, but turns out that my side A prints have somehow been printing almost 0.5" shorter than 100% actual size. Side B prints at exact size (44.0"), but side A measures 43.5". I have double-checked my quicksets, as I have one for side A and one for side B, since they are two different graphics. Everything seems to be in order. All output areas are reading 100%, the file sizes state that the length should be 44.0", and the RIP also ready 44.0". I managed to print a set of 8 banners where they all lined up to size, but every other set that I sent after that has come out incorrectly. I'm so confused. Supposed to output 46 of these banners by next Thursday, and I can't even get more than 8 to print correctly. I've burned through so much material :frustrated:

Left and right registration is on point, it's the top and bottom lengths that are uneven. Of course, I had no idea until I printed all of side B, then went to finish trim them to size and found the issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Feeling a lot like my profile pic today.......

MGB_LE

Similar issue on our Latex 570. I lucked up on info about a second side adjustment, but that quickly I've lost the source of the info. Did you figure out anything for your printer?

dypinc

Do you have OMAS turned off. If so then it sounds like you need to make a separate media preset for side A with .5" Advance compensation.

But with the curing heat involved getting two sides to match perfectly is going to be a challenge. It is best to design the graphics to compensate to this.

tulsagraphics

I don't run a latex, but I think it's the same principle. When you run double-sided prints, the first side is getting heated and stretched (media tensioner), so your media has changed size by the time you run it back through the printer. For me (on my eco-sol), heavier inks = more absorption, more stretching. Because of that, it's nearly impossible to predict how much stretching will occur from one banner to the next. So I never print more than a few double-sided banners per batch (if possible) since the stretching / offset gets progressively worse with longer prints.

I figure it's better just to keep critical artwork well within the margin, print 1/2" bleeds, and only print a few banners at a time.

stickerhed

On my 365 I can use the TUR but if I enable it on the screen my prints are not the right size. Also, print 1 banner and let it go through the curing process, then send over another. When I do panels I have to do it this way or they can be up to 1/2” off. Hope this helps.

Shred_signs

Lost Member
I found I got the best results when i would run one file at a time. but my prints were a170". Then I would just set up the second side with the files in reverse order and have them run one at a time on side B.

a bit more time consuming, checks for the DS bar 17 times a roll, but my prints came out far more accurate.

It just required a bit more leg work on my end to make sure the files fed into the printer in the correct order.

Using this process, I would run the Faces during the day, and would set up a roll to print the backs at night.

Free 8 hours of run time.

We would run 8 rolls, 17 copies per roll D/S. 2 weeks (104 hours) worth of print time and I could get in done in 1 week.

and my boss didn't want to give me that $2/hour raise I asked for.