• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 365 not connecting to internet after router change (with IPV6 only)

SimpleStencils

I have tried everything I know to get the printer reconnected after I upgraded to a new router (due to internet provider upgrade). The new router has an IPV6 connection instead of the IPV4 address and after entering everything on the front control panel of the printer, via the instructions I have found online, it's still not connecting. Should I do a factory reset and start from scratch or does anyone have any advice here? I am not the most tech savvy person so I am hoping to find help here as my warranty is no longer active and I find HP won't help without $$$

I have pending jobs that I can't get to until I get this fixed, I am hesitant to do the factory reset because I am worried it will create more problems then I currently have but hopefully someone will ease my mind about this. It's the only thing I haven't tried yet it seems. Thanks for any help/advice you can lend!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Why do you need to get it to connect to internet?

I don't believe you have a 100% IPv6 setup.
That leads to the fact that you have to go through the settings again and get v4 working for your LAN at least.

My advice, just forget the IPv6 completely and follow instructions for v4...
Enable v4 in the printer and see what address the DHCP gives you. You should be able to go from there.

SimpleStencils

According to my internet provider the new router doesn't support v4 any longer. I suppose I could use an older router I have on hand and connect through the LAN that way but I think I already tried this. Do you know if there a way to connect without any internet connection, just from computer to printer without going through a router? Sorry I am a dunce with such things... thanks for your help!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
To make this as simple as possible.... Forget the v6.
Now enable v4 in the printer if you disabled it. Change the address method to DHCP and check on the main screen under connectivity what address do you get?

SimpleStencils

To make this as simple as possible.... Forget the v6.
Now enable v4 in the printer if you disabled it. Change the address method to DHCP and check on the main screen under connectivity what address do you get?
IF I did it correctly, this is the address I am getting 10.0.0.7

SimpleStencils

Open it like a website. Does it show the printer webserver?
And then if you enter that to your RIP...?
Thank you! That seemed to work... and started to print but then I received an error stating that the printer failed to receive info from RIP, seems to be a very slowed connection. I do have the PC connected to a switch that is then connected to both the router and the printer. Is there a way to connect the PC directly to the printer without the switch or router? Or any other advice? Thank you so much for your help!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
HARD WIRE IT. I went through 6 months of hell with xfinity about static IP's and internet after we moved into a new location. Some xfinity guy came in and told me my router and printer was set up wrong. I had all kinds of mess on my hands when he was done. I had it going through my static ip but it wasn't hardwired. so if the internet dropped I lost the print in the middle of the RIP. My internet never dropped at the old location. When I go to the new location the internet is always dropping.
I finally hard wired the printer to the rip station. It doesn't get firmware updates on the printer itself anymore. I go into the rip station to get the firmware updates. It is SUCH A HASSLE.
I don't think I got a switch either. I just hard wired it directly into the router.

BTW I hate internet service providers...their technicians know just enough to make my life miserable.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What if you just plug it to the same switch that the PC is connected?

Yes, you can directly connect it to the PC. Just plug the ethernet cable to it and setup IP addresses for both. But that I'm not going to explain as it takes a bit.

SimpleStencils

HARD WIRE IT. I went through 6 months of hell with xfinity about static IP's and internet after we moved into a new location. Some xfinity guy came in and told me my router and printer was set up wrong. I had all kinds of mess on my hands when he was done. I had it going through my static ip but it wasn't hardwired. so if the internet dropped I lost the print in the middle of the RIP. My internet never dropped at the old location. When I go to the new location the internet is always dropping.
I finally hard wired the printer to the rip station. It doesn't get firmware updates on the printer itself anymore. I go into the rip station to get the firmware updates. It is SUCH A HASSLE.
I don't think I got a switch either. I just hard wired it directly into the router.

BTW I hate internet service providers...their technicians know just enough to make my life miserable.
Thank you!!! I too hate my service provider... it's also a nightmare only having one local provider to choose from. Thanks again for the help.

SimpleStencils

What if you just plug it to the same switch that the PC is connected?

Yes, you can directly connect it to the PC. Just plug the ethernet cable to it and setup IP addresses for both. But that I'm not going to explain as it takes a bit.
Thank you for what help you did take time to answer. After resetting the router, switch, laptop and printer, I tried again and just finished the print. Hopefully this will suffice at least until I finish up the pending jobs and have time to look into it more. Thanks again.