• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 365 - print bowing in curing zone

heyitsme

Coming from a HP Latex 265 which never had this problem - Does anyone have any ideas why my vinyl does this sometimes (see photo) - which also causes the vaccum (on any setting) to not working properly so the vinyl lifts and print gets scraped by the head.

(see other photo) - is the metal curing zone supposed to deform like this when its heated up? Surely it should be flat (which when it isnt i suspect is letting air underneath causing the vacuum problem).

Engineer just said 'no thats how it is' which was useless.

Am using the vinyl suppliers recommended settings for temp/vacuum, but have tried adjusting while printing on screen and not much changes

Attachments

• 20201117_113022.jpg
    20201117_113022.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 20210416_094143.jpg
    20210416_094143.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 178

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That's normal to a certain point. The vinyl can also lift up not because of the metal but because it has internal stress while heated, which would mean you need to turn down the heat and/or slow down the printspeed.
You should check the left and right side of the metal that someone hasn't screwed it in completely. The metal should be free on one side so it can heat expand and move.

heyitsme

That's normal to a certain point. The vinyl can also lift up not because of the metal but because it has internal stress while heated, which would mean you need to turn down the heat and/or slow down the printspeed.
You should check the left and right side of the metal that someone hasn't screwed it in completely. The metal should be free on one side so it can heat expand and move.
I've tried heat ranges from 80-100 which doesn't seem to make a difference, where would i look for the potential metal bit incorrectly screwed in, as this is so frustrating now, constantly getting prints with the middle scraped off!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've tried heat ranges from 80-100 which doesn't seem to make a difference, where would i look for the potential metal bit incorrectly screwed in, as this is so frustrating now, constantly getting prints with the middle scraped off!
If I remember correctly the right side is supposed to be fixed and the left end is so that it can expand and move. The screw is on top of the metal platen left and right. Probably some more screws under it.
But it's a very small chance that it would be this making the issue. Honestly I can't remember if it's even possible to screw up the fixation on the left side.

If you still have warranty ask them to replace the whole part if it's always skewed like this.

1624975840229.png