• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 365 printing nozzle check pattern in middle of jobs

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Something is failing on you...PH is likely on its way out. Whats the warranty or maintenance status of your PH's?

WCEARLES

Manager
Both of the B/C heads are out of warranty. I'll replace those and see if it solves it.
I don't know how long those have been in there.

Thanks!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The screen on the printer should tell you....but yea, likely that's the problem. We see it on our 1500s and 560 as well.

WCEARLES

Manager
I hope you're right. I spoke with a couple of techs and they said they had never seen it before and started talking about replacing one of the boards.
That's why I came here. I figured someone on this forum would know.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have seen this pattern when the cables in the umbilical failed. If the heads don't fix the issue I would have it checked.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The cable that failed for the other printer was sold one of two ways, in a kit with other cables (cheapest option) or with the entire ink chain and umbilical system. If you would like you can give me a call and I can go over this with you and order the part for you.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
First check the trailing cable/carriage data cable. You can check it without any disassembly, just open window and lower the tube pack down.

If there is any cracking in the Rubber that is most likely your issue.

You can get the cable for $150 and it's pretty easy to replace.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The cable that failed for the other printer was sold one of two ways, in a kit with other cables (cheapest option) or with the entire ink chain and umbilical system. If you would like you can give me a call and I can go over this with you and order the part for you.
The cable only has also been available for about a year now. $150 approx

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just 4 months ago HP support only had the cable as part of the kit or the umbilical. Maybe it is different in Europe.
I'm sorry to tell you but you got screwed. They probably just didn't know.
2ET72-67020 Trailing Cable - Available World Wide and fits all 64" models.

WCEARLES

Manager
I installing a new trailing cable yesterday.
That was stressful!
Everything seems to be working and printing as it should.
Ordered the cable from Alinc Technologies, $143.00 with shipping.
balstestrat wins the Golden Squeegee! (Thank you, Sir!)

Now....if I could only get the internet connectivity working to do auto firmware updates and access the online media catalogue, I would be a happy man. Ce La Vie!

WCEARLES

Manager
I'll check that out. It was working before October 2019. That was it's last check for firmware recorded.

Thanks!