• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Latex 370, Double Sided Prints

Ryan Scott

I know how to do double sided prints when the image is the same on both sides. Any tips or tricks on doing it when the print is a different image? I'm using Onyx Poster Shop. I know it's not really "supported" but can be done.

GraphicsSource

I have a latex 260 that has doubled sided printing and I can tell you...at least on my machine, it blows. It is not practical at all and takes forever to reload it accurately and even then I never had any luck getting it within about 1/2" of registration.

try loading the material, advance it to an easily repeatable spot on the platen, print the image in the center of the roll, unload the material, flip the roll around, place the lead edge in the same spot as before, print the image again in the center of the roll (except flipped around).

dypinc

The Side A printed timing/starting marks are for when you are printing continuous 2 sided printing to a take-up roll. You then load the take up roll and select Side B which reads the timing/starting mark. As long as Side B is the same size you won't have any problems. You might have to drop you Advance setting a little on Side B because it always seems to print a bit longer then Side A. For printing whole rolls double sided this works beautifully.

For one up 2 sided and not wanted to waste material make a starting mark on both sides and then unload after printed side 1 and flip roll over and set starting mark to the same place on side 2. It does require that you center your work so make sure material width is set accurately in the RIP.

signed_wraps

When I try to run through the workflow for double sided printing in Onyx 12 on our 570, i get an error saying "Side B could not be generated"

AKwrapguy

I'm not sure about the 370 but I know that the 570 has a camera on the bottom that looks for a registration mark. When loading the material I think that it's an option on the printer menu.

dypinc

Sounds like an Onyx issue so may be best to call Onyx support.

Why not just implement Side A and Side B on the printer and print from Onyx like normal. Rotating Side B if necessary. I have two RIPs I can run the L360 with and neither one control double sided printing, but implementing it on the printer works fine.

signed_wraps

Why not just implement Side A and Side B on the printer and print from Onyx like normal. Rotating Side B if necessary. I have two RIPs I can run the L360 with and neither one control double sided printing, but implementing it on the printer works fine.

I have thought about that, but just haven't had the time to test it. Also, when i try to print double sided I pull an error (16:41.10) almost every time. Reading the info on it, it has something to do with the heater over current.

signed_wraps

Full extent of job:
It's roughly 190 9' x 30" Double sided banners.

So, when running a Side A and Side B, how often should I realign? We are running this on a single 570, and do have many daily jobs. So some of this needs to be able to be run at night/no attention. If it's only running side one over night that's fine.

I just ran a campaign on our Roland. When printing the second side I would just use a pen to mark the beginning of the next banner, and would just set the printer's base point over that mark. Last I checked, not a capability of the 570.

I have time to figure out a solid plan, but come crunch time, I only have about 8 days to print the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If it is crunch time get some single sided block out 64" (assuming your printer is 64") material and run the front and back side to side - tent fold (long side) and glue or stitch. Not the most elegant but will get the most material through the printer in the shortest amount of time with the least chance of a print error or jam.

wayne k
guam usa

signed_wraps

If it is crunch time get some single sided block out 64" (assuming your printer is 64") material and run the front and back side to side - tent fold (long side) and glue or stitch. Not the most elegant but will get the most material through the printer in the shortest amount of time with the least chance of a print error or jam.

wayne k
guam usa

Appreciate the response, but we had to do that for the first two campaigns. The third we have upgraded to D/S printable banner. Fourth campaign will be on a new machine, HP570.

I just completed a campaign so pressure is off, for now. Now is the time I implement all the lessons learned from the last campaign.

What would be the longest run y'all would be willing to run and then try to print double sided on the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signed_wraps

for a 190 of them in 8 days I would look for a backup solution (outsource)
If that was an option but we have been burned by our backups, most often not being able to get remotely close on color settings and they were both running same rip and same printer.

If it was my call, sure, boss won't let it fly. It's her $2M baby. When it is time for the customer do run another campaign, cruel and unusual no longer apply. Last campaign I had almost 80 hours of over time over three weeks.

APC

Hello - a little late to this conversation but see attached Onyx file relative to double sided printing on the HP L360 (workflow same for 500 series). This also shows steps for those who want to print two different images.

Attachments

• ONYX11-HPL360-Double-SidedPrinting.pdf
    468.6 KB · Views: 1,649

Bly

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this too.
We just did 150 d/s A0s for a campaign.
I didn't trust the 360s so did them all on our flatbed which worked but was a lot of trouble.
Just letting a rollfeed printer run would be way preferable.

ProColorGraphics

I had decent luck on the 360 I used to have. It was never 100% on, but was totally fine once the one side was hemmed. I have also done them manually with my Epson and Fuji too. They actually were closer to being dead on, but just took a little measuring to get the back side started. Which only took 5 minutes to figure it ou.