• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 3rd Gen 2600mm wide?

Morkel

Does anyone know why HP haven't released a 3rd generation latex printer at the 2600mm width like the L28500 is/was?

We have a 360, an L28500 and an L260, and now that we're used to the speed of the 360, printing on the L28500 for anything wider than 1600mm is so tedious. I have been keeping an eye on the official HP site, and for a while there they were marketing the 2nd Gen L28500 alongside the 3rd Gen 300 series, meaning if you want to print the larger width than you're stuck with the last generation. But more recently it was removed and replaced with the 370 (which is no bigger than the 360, it just has larger ink cartridges).

One thing I do know is that it was bloody hard to get fabrics printing at the 2500mm / 2600mm size on the L28500. Most 1550mm / 1600mm rolls would work to a degree, but at the bigger size there was always issues with bunching, head strikes, curing consistency etc. It wouldn't surprise me if these bugs have proven more difficult to fix than anticipated.

Oh how I long for what would be the 380...