• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 560 - Random Banding

GraphicsSource

Hey guys,

Lately when running blues I've noticed banding that pops up every 6-8" or so along the right half of the material. It's happened on reflective vinyl and poster paper so I know it's not a material issue. I've swapped out any heads that had nozzles missing and I've ran multiple head cleans. The test plots look near perfect.

It's strange because the band does not go all the way across the material, only on the right half (see photo), which makes me think it's not a head issue. It shows up as a purple line as if cyan is dropping out.

Any ideas? I can't seem to figure it out.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 934

Lane J

I've had this problem with printing a lot of blue on my 360+370. I think it's an ink starvation issue.

Printing gutters, increasing the passes, and increasing the interpass delay seems to help. Like 10+ passes, 500ms delay.

It's a very annoying issue that I've only seen happen with heavy cyan use.
It's a bummer. I hope you don't have to print them quickly!

GraphicsSource

I've had this problem with printing a lot of blue on my 360+370. I think it's an ink starvation issue.

Printing gutters, increasing the passes, and increasing the interpass delay seems to help. Like 10+ passes, 500ms delay.

It's a very annoying issue that I've only seen happen with heavy cyan use.
It's a bummer. I hope you don't have to print them quickly!

The delay seems to be helping a bit, I'm going to let them run over night so no particular hurry at the moment haha. I've got it on 10 pass with color bars as well.

amandaveronica

I used to get these all the time on the 370s. Sad to see it still happening on the 560. To fix I would usually just replace all the printheads.. that would fix it for us. The test plots would be fine but the printheads might be close to expire or out of warranty. If not see if you can return them? I saw it a lot in Lime greens and blues. Bright colors it seems...

We later got a Latex 1500 and they actually call out the same issue in their troubleshooting guide.

I copied that bit for you. But you can find it in the 1500 user guide.

Aeroworms
Aeroworms consist of thin bands with higher density than the surrounding area. They are about 6 cm long and have a horizontal tendency, but they tend to curve like worms. They are not continuous across the substrate, and seem to appear at random.
When the ink is being fired, there are airflow turbulences under the carriage that can affect the positioning of the drops. Therefore, some waves of ink can be formed and deposited on the substrate to create this effect.
Here are some tips for solving this problem:
● Increase the number of passes.
● Reduce the ink density.
● Check the printhead-to-ribs spacing in the Internal Print Server. If it is higher than normal, try reducing it.
● Check that the aerosol filters are not saturated or broken (see Replace the aerosol filters on page 116).

GraphicsSource

I used to get these all the time on the 370s. Sad to see it still happening on the 560. To fix I would usually just replace all the printheads.. that would fix it for us. The test plots would be fine but the printheads might be close to expire or out of warranty. If not see if you can return them? I saw it a lot in Lime greens and blues. Bright colors it seems...

We later got a Latex 1500 and they actually call out the same issue in their troubleshooting guide.

I copied that bit for you. But you can find it in the 1500 user guide.

Aeroworms
Aeroworms consist of thin bands with higher density than the surrounding area. They are about 6 cm long and have a horizontal tendency, but they tend to curve like worms. They are not continuous across the substrate, and seem to appear at random.
When the ink is being fired, there are airflow turbulences under the carriage that can affect the positioning of the drops. Therefore, some waves of ink can be formed and deposited on the substrate to create this effect.
Here are some tips for solving this problem:
● Increase the number of passes.
● Reduce the ink density.
● Check the printhead-to-ribs spacing in the Internal Print Server. If it is higher than normal, try reducing it.
● Check that the aerosol filters are not saturated or broken (see Replace the aerosol filters on page 116).

Lea Marc

The delay seems to be helping a bit, I'm going to let them run over night so no particular hurry at the moment haha. I've got it on 10 pass with color bars as well.
We print the colour bands to the left side of almost every print that we do on our HP360. Not sure if it is related to this but we have had hardly any colour drop out issues since we started doing this, before we had issues with magenta acting up. It helps runs the other colours a little.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
We are occasionally seeing non curing problems on the newer latex printers that use optimizer rather than a heater for the printing area. High volume print shops have seen their curing heater get congestion in areas which gives you a wet banding look.
Technicians can come disassemble and clean out heater to resolve this.
You can call or text me to research any problem you may be experiencing.
Bruce 631-520-3074

TomK

According to all the "experts" here, HP Latex don't have banding problems! [HASHTAG]#fakenews[/HASHTAG]

:)