• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 570 & 360 Driver problem

143Vinyl

Hello, I run five HP latex printers, two of them are 360 and 365, the other three are 570s. I print long runs, 77-150ft at a time is typical. Starcraft Self-adhesive vinyl is the typical substrate, but only the 360s would print borderless due to the manual right-edge setting, and I only started using the 570s for Self-Adhesive vinyl recently, instead of Heat Transfer vinyl.
I'm not going into all of that but long story short, I can only Print about 20% of the job on the 570s, with an error message reading "The HP Latex 360 driver does not match the HP Latex 570 printer. Please change driver settings and try again"
I know I have to somehow edit the driver settings... but where? Seriously I can't find a thing in job properties or anything about any dang drivers! Other than the "download desktop driver" which isn't it.
I'm using FlexiPrint HP 12

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How do they show in Production manager? Have you properly configured every printer with correct model and IP?
I suspect you have not..

143Vinyl

How do they show in Production manager? Have you properly configured every printer with correct model and IP?
I suspect you have not..

Obviously the setup info is correct. If it somehow wasn't, wouldn't it not let me print AT ALL? It sometimes goes through a whole job, but sometimes I have to resend it 2-3 times.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Obviously the setup info is correct. If it somehow wasn't, wouldn't it not let me print AT ALL? It sometimes goes through a whole job, but sometimes I have to resend it 2-3 times.
I have a theory why it lets you print. Some profiles could be compatible with L360 and L570 but most are not. Those you cannot print and the ones that could in theory work with L360 as well it will allow you to print.
Like you can configure L365 as L335 and it will let you print just giving this error all the time.
Could be something else as well, maybe it doesn't check the model every time or something.

But if you think all is like it should then I'd update Flexi to the newest version (maybe there is a bug), remove and configure back all the printers.
If it still gives that error after that I'd just remove whole flexi and re-install it.

143Vinyl

I have a theory why it lets you print. Some profiles could be compatible with L360 and L570 but most are not. Those you cannot print and the ones that could in theory work with L360 as well it will allow you to print.
Like you can configure L365 as L335 and it will let you print just giving this error all the time.
Could be something else as well, maybe it doesn't check the model every time or something.

But if you think all is like it should then I'd update Flexi to the newest version (maybe there is a bug), remove and configure back all the printers.
If it still gives that error after that I'd just remove whole flexi and re-install it.

I mean, there's no possible way for the profiles to be incorrect, as they have all been created by modifying the Generic Self-adhesive profiles that come stock on the machine.
I will update to flexi 19 or whatever the new one is. Thanks for the help.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I mean, there's no possible way for the profiles to be incorrect, as they have all been created by modifying the Generic Self-adhesive profiles that come stock on the machine.
No friend I don't mean them being wrong by you.
Printmodes in general between L360 and L570 are a bit different because of the print speed and 2nd optimizer printhead. But some could be similar and allow you to print with the "L360 driver".
But like I said, this is just a thought.